MARCS Monday Meeting (MMM): 3 Minute Thesis Competition Heats
||MARCS Monday Meeting (MMM): 3 Minute Thesis Competition Heats
||16th Jul 2018 11:00am
||16th Jul 2018 12:30pm
||1 hour and 30 minutes
Monday Morning Meeting (MMM)
MARCS Heats - 3 Minute Thesis (3MT) Competition
We have 6 finalists competing in the MARCS 3MT competition this year with the winner going forward to represent MARCS at the Western Sydney University finals later in the year. The winner of the University 3MT will represent Western at the National 3MT competition.
MARCS finalists and titles of their presentations are -
- Hossein Moeinzadeh - "Electrocardiography: Is that what we think?"
- Ian Colley - "The influence of visual rhythms on musical movement and synchronization"
- Sonya Karisma - "The rise of accents: Does ageing affect our ability to get better at understanding it?"
- Tina Whyte - "TBA"
- Elham Shabanivaraki - "HeMo: A device to diagnose poor blood circulation before it’s too late."
- Gareth Hearne - "Communication in Novel Music"
Make sure you come along to support our finalists. Lunch will be provided after the competition at 12pm (before the Concept Pitch Party commences at 12.30pm.
MARCS Students and Academic Staff are reminded that MMMs have an important role in building and maintaining the sense of community which is central to the success of MARCS as a cooperative and energetic research institute. Your attendance is both welcomed and expected.
The zoom ID for the MMM meeting every week is: 627 146 998. Link to zoom https://uws.zoom.us/j/627146998