Dean, School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics
Professor Simeon is currently the Dean of School of Computing and Mathematics at Western Sydney University. Simeon was previously a Professor of Information Technology at the University of Technology, Sydney.
Prior to UTS he held academic positions at the University of Sydney, the Middle East Technical University, Ecole Polytechnique – University of Nantes and Istanbul Technical University. In 2006 he was a BIT Professor at the Free University of Bolzano-Bozen and the University of Trento.
He is a founding Director and a Fellow of the Institute of Analytics Professionals of Australia. Currently he is an editor of the ACS Conferences in Research and Practice in Information Technology (CRPIT) series in Computer Science and ICT. Prior to that he was the associate editor (Australia) of the American Society of Civil Engineering (ASCE) Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering.
Currently he serves on the ASCE Technical Committees on Data and Information Management, and on Intelligent Computing.
- Artificial intelligence
- Data mining/analytics and knowledge discovery
- Human computer interactions
- Virtual worlds and immersive environments
- Visual computing
- Visual data mining and analytics
Qualifications and Honours
- Best Paper Award: Ijaz, K., Bogdanovych, A., Simoff, S. (2011), Enhancing the Believability of Embodied Conversational Agents through Environment-, Self- and Interaction-Awareness. In Mark Reynolds, Ed., Proceedings of the Thirty-Fourth Australasian Computer Science Conference (ACSC 2011), Perth, Australia, 17–20 January 2011, CRPIT Vol. 113, pp. 107-116.
For a full listing of my publications please see my Western Sydney University profile page.(opens in a new window)