Music Cognition and Action
John joined the MARCS and the Music Cognition and Action program from the University of Sydney, where he received his PhD in Composition. John developed a computational model of human percussive performance informed by biomechanics and the physics of musical instruments, to simulate variations in micro timbre and micro timing. John is currently developing a personalised music affect recommender system for unfamiliar music.
John is also a composer and interactive media artist, whose works have been performed both nationally and internationally.
@ Google Scholar
- Digital Signal Processing
- Computational models of music performance
- Interactive Media
- Software development to facilitate composition and interactive performance
- Deep Learning
Qualifications and Honours
- PhD, 'Ontology of Music Performance Variation', University of Sydney, 2015
- Graduate Certificate in Innovation and Enterprise, University of Sydney, 2013
- MA in Sonic Arts, Landsdown Centre for Electronic Arts, Middlesex University, UK, 2009
- BA (Hons) in Music Industry Management, Buckinghamshire New University, UK, 2001
|Phone||+61 2 9772 6816|
|Location||Western Sydney University Bankstown campus (Bullecourt Ave, Milperra)|