Biomedical and Health (School of Science and Health)
Research Program: Biomedical Engineering and Neuroscience
Dr Lauto received his PhD in Biomedical Engineering at the University of New South Wales (Sydney, Australia). He worked for several years as a Research Fellow, at Cornell University and The Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, in New York (USA).
Dr Lauto is an expert in the development of laser-activated bioadhesives for nerve and tissue repair. His multidisciplinary research spans the fields of tissue engineering and biomaterials to medical applications of laser technology.
Dr Lauto's achievements to date have been recognized with invitations to speak at a number of international conferences. He has published more than thirty-five peer-reviewed papers and holds five patents.
- Development of Bioadhesives for Photochemical Tissue Repair
- Design and Fabrication of Peripheral Nerve Grafts for Nerve Regeneration
- Cell Stimulation with non-Ionizing Radiation
- Photodynamic Treatments of Skin Fungal Infections
Qualifications and Honours
- PhD (Biomedical Engineering), University of New South Wales, Australia
- MSc (Physics, Honours), Macquarie University, Australia
- BSc (Physics, Honours), University of Milan, Italy
- Leading Scientist in the Photomedicine Laboratory at Western Sydney University
- Student Advisor for the Sub-major in Physics at Western Sydney University