Who are we?
The MARCS Institute for Brain, Behaviour and Development is an interdisciplinary research institute of Western Sydney University. We study the scientific bases of human communication.
What do we do?
MARCS Institute research on Brain, Behaviour and Development encompasses such areas as:
- How we learn language and handle foreign accents
- How to program robots for human interaction
- How we can enhance communication with:
- Those with hearing impairments;
- The elderly
- How music and dance communicate universally
Research at MARCS Institute for Brain, Behaviour and Development is conducted in five interdisciplinary research programs.
These research programs are detailed below.