The MARCS Institute Advisory Board recently held its first meeting on Thursday 30 July 2015 at our Bankstown labs.
The MARCS Institute Advisory Board was established to foster connections between the Institute and the community, government, philanthropic organisations and the commercial sector.
Advisory Board members were given a brief tour of MARCS Institute, where they were shown some current research projects from our Biomedical Engineering and Neuroscience group (presented by Dr Gaetano Gargiulo and Dr Paul Breen) and our Multisensory Processing group (presented by Professor Chris Davis).
The Board also had the opportunity to speak with leaders from all five of our research programs, along with the Institute Director and the Director of Research and Engagement, before formally holding an inaugural board meeting.
The Advisory Board currently consists of the following members:
- Professor Klaus Schindhelm (Chair) - Senior Vice President, Global Applied Research, ResMed, University of New South Wales
- Professor Robert Cowan – Chief Executive Officer, Hearing CRC
- Professor Philip de Chazal - Chair of Biomedical Engineering, University of Sydney
- Kiersten Fishburn - Director, Casula Powerhouse
- Linda Graham-McCann – Chief Executive Officer, WorkVentures
- Associate Professor Jim Patrick – Senior Vice President, Cochlear
- Dr Robert Saunders – Senior Lecturer, University of Sydney
- Professor Deborah Sweeney - Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research & Innovation), Western Sydney University
- Associate Professor Amanda Third - Principal Research Fellow in Digital Social and Cultural Research, Institute for Culture and Society, Western Sydney University
The Advisory Board will be a key element in enhancing public relations, communications and interactions with external organisations, and will also provide fresh insights, advice and business strategies for the Institute.