- - Technology-Enabled Learning
- - WOS Studio
- - MESH
- - Smart Assessment Design Toolkit
- - Placements Hub
- - Digital Learning
- - Academic Integrity
- - Academic Integrity Research
- Professional Learning @ Western
- Curriculum Renewal
- The 21C Project
- Contact Us
- Engaged Teaching
- In mathematics subjects, we want students to master the course content. We also want them to develop their mathematical reasoning and their mathematical communication skills.
- An essential component of developing these skills is seeing them modelled.
- Part of the course design is deciding where this is going to occur.
- Will tutors be giving instructor-led classes where they model this?
- If tutorials are comprised of student group work, will lecturers be modelling through worked examples during lectures?
- Alternatively, will there be extremely high standard worked solutions that model the finished solution, and annotate the reasoning required to get there?
- Make these choices explicit to teaching staff and students.