- - Technology-Enabled Learning
- - Digital Content
- - Professional Learning @ Western
- - WOS Studio
- - Events, Workshops and Programs
- - Disciplines using Maths
- - Support and Resources
- - Contact the MESH team
- - MESH Research
- - Resources for Staff
- - Smart Assessment Design Toolkit
- - Placements Hub
- - eLearning Support
- Professional Learning
- Curriculum Renewal
- The 21C Project
- Sustainability Education
- Contact Us
Areas Where Teachers Use Maths
The following list includes just some of the areas where you will encounter mathematics and statistics in your professional and everyday life:
- Interpreting graphs, charts and statistics, for example understanding NAPLAN results and reading age charts.
- Planning assessment marking schemes and calculating course marks.
- Planning excursions and school camps, and developing costings for funding requests.
- Working out time allocations for subjects and topics.
- Managing personal finances, salary, tax and superannuation.
- Keeping up to date with relevant research articles - these often incorporate statistics