- - Technology-Enabled Learning
- - WOS Studio
- - Events, Workshops and Programs
- - Disciplines using Maths
- - Support and Resources
- - Contact the MESH team
- - MESH Research
- - Resources for Staff
- - Smart Assessment Design Toolkit
- - Placements Hub
- - eLearning Support
- - Academic Integrity
- Professional Learning @ Western
- Curriculum Renewal
- The 21C Project
- Sustainability Education
- Contact Us
MESH has many resources designed to assist with maths and stats relevant to education students.
Preparation for National Numeracy Test
These resources may be of help as you prepare for the compulsory National Numeracy Test
MESH runs regular workshops to help Education students improve their numeracy. Information about times for these workshops can be found on our Events page during session.
An online maths help line, "I Don't Get It" where students can post non-assessment questions about maths problems and receive help from MESH staff within one business day.
Maths and Stats Help
MESH tutors are available daily. Click here for the Maths and Stats Help timetable.
Other resources that may be useful during your education studies include:
- Maths Start workshop materials - these materials are those used in the MESH workshops at the start of each year. Material from Algebra 1 (Algebraic Expressions and Rational Numbers) and Statistics may be relevant for Education students. (vUWS login required)
- Citizen Maths - this YouTube channel is the basis of a course in basic mathematics.
The course is at "Level 2", the level that a 16-year-old school leaver is expected to achieve in maths in the UK. Numeracy skills are embedded in real-life situations in which "powerful" mathematical ideas are used.
Areas Where Teachers Use Maths
Apart from passing a compulsory test, where will I ever need to use this? This page gives you some examples.