- - Technology-Enabled Learning
- - WOS Studio
- - Events, Workshops and Programs
- - Resources by Discipline
- - Support and Resources by Topic
- - Contact the MESH team
- - MESH Research
- - Resources for Staff
- - Smart Assessment Design Toolkit
- - Placements Hub
- - Digital Learning Support
- - Academic Integrity
- - Academic Integrity Research
- Professional Learning @ Western
- Curriculum Renewal
- The 21C Project
- Sustainability Education
- Contact Us
MESH has many resources designed to assist with maths and stats relevant to business students.
MESH runs regular workshops for the business maths core units Statistics for Business and Management Analytics. Information about times for these workshops can be found on our Events page during session.
Maths and Stats Help
MESH tutors are available every weekday. Click here for the Maths and Stats Help timetable.
An online maths help line, "I Don't Get It" where students can post non-assessment questions about maths problems and receive help from MESH staff within one business day.
Business Maths and Stats Resources
The following resources may be of use to you during your study in business:
- Mathematical Terminology - these pages will be useful if you come across terms in mathematics or statistics which you don't fully understand.
- Number Sense - These MESH pages provide a review of basic operations with numbers including a section on fractions, decimals and scientific notation.
- Arithmetic - Do you remember BODMAS from school maths? If not this MESH page will help you to recall these important processes.
- Percentages - MESH page providing information on working with percentages.
- Proportional Reasoning - MESH pages to help you with questions involving proportional reasoning.
- Statistics Help (General) - A MESH curated set of links to a variety of sites which may give you an alternative approach to the topics covered in first year statistics subjects.
Other resources that may be useful during your business studies include:
- Maths Start workshop materials - these materials are those used in the MESH workshops at the start of each year. (vUWS login required)