- The 21C Project
- Learning Transformations
- The Academy
- Sustainable Futures
- Placements Hub
- Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice President (Academic)
- Strategy and Leadership
- Contact Us
Nursing Numeracy Resources
The following resources may be helpful in your study of numeracy related to nursing.
Fractions and Decimals
- BBC Skillwise Fractions offers an introduction to fractions and self tests to check your understanding.
- MathsCentre Fractions: Basic Ideas covers the basic concepts of fractions. A video is also available.
- MathsCentre Fractions: Multiplying and Dividing is a guide to the processes for multiplying and dividing fractions. A video of the material is also available.
- BBC Skillswise Decimals offers an introduction to the decimal system and some self tests so that you can check your understanding of the material.
- MathsCentre Decimals is a booklet which explains the decimal system, how it relates to fractions and the processes needed to multiply and divide decimals by powers of 10. There is also a video covering the same material.
Measurement and Metric Conversion
- Unit Conversion in the Metric System is a video which covers the concept of the metric system.
- Reading Scales and Reading Scales Part 2 cover reading of medical scales including syringes.
- Tablet Dosage Calculations provides examples of the calculations required for this skill.
- Calculating tablet doses from Flinders University gives step by step examples of the process.
- Drug Calculations for Health Professionals from testandcalc.com includes quizzes and help for this skill (also practice for metric conversions)
- MatheCentre Nursing Medication Calculation Formulae is a handy summary of several of the skills needed for drug calculations.