- The 21C Project
- Learning Transformations
- The Academy
- Sustainability Education
- Placements Hub
- - Disciplines using Maths
- - Support and Resources
- - Events, Workshops and Programs
- - Maths Education Research
- - Contact the MESH team
- Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice President (Academic)
- Strategy and Leadership
- Contact Us
- Smart Assessment Design Toolkit
MESH has many resources designed to assist with maths and stats relevant to engineering students.
MESH runs regular workshops for the engineering maths core units, Mathematics for Engineers Preliminary, Mathematics for Engineers 1 and Mathematics for Engineers 2. Information about times for these workshops can be found on our Events page during session.
Maths and Stats Help
MESH tutors are available daily. Click here for the Maths and Stats Help timetable.
An online maths help line, "I Don't Get It" where students can post non-assessment questions about maths problems and receive help from MESH staff within one business day.
Engineering Maths Resources
There are many mathematics related resources available which may be useful to your studies in engineering. Some of these are:
- Standard Derivatives - this is the list of standard derivatives provided for Engineering Maths units.
- Standard Integrals - the table of integrals used in all Engineering Maths units.
- Hyperbolic Trigonometric Functions - definitions and identities for the hyperbolic trigonometric functions and comparisons with the traditional trigonometric functions.
- Engineering Mechanics - a series of resources that are useful for the study of Statics
- Electrical Fundamentals - a series of resources that will be useful for students studying the Electrical Fundamentals unit.
Mathematics uses some specialised language and gives different meanings to some words in common usage. This page gives some useful links to glossaries and videos which will help you to better understand the terminology used in mathematics.
Other resources that may be useful during your engineering studies include: