- The 21C Project
- Learning Transformations
- The Academy
- Sustainability Education
- Placements Hub
- - Disciplines using Maths
- - Support and Resources
- - Events, Workshops and Programs
- - Maths Education Research
- - Contact the MESH team
- Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice President (Academic)
- Strategy and Leadership
- Contact Us
- Smart Assessment Design Toolkit
Areas Where Teachers Use Maths
The following list includes just some of the areas where you will encounter mathematics and statistics in your professional and everyday life:
- Interpreting graphs, charts and statistics, for example understanding NAPLAN results and reading age charts.
- Planning assessment marking schemes and calculating course marks.
- Planning excursions and school camps, and developing costings for funding requests.
- Working out time allocations for subjects and topics.
- Managing personal finances, salary, tax and superannuation.
- Keeping up to date with relevant research articles - these often incorporate statistics