- The 21C Project
- Learning Transformations
- - The Three Pillars of The Academy
- - The Academy Degree
- - Think BIG!
- - Community engagement and service learning
- - Citizen Scholar Award
- - Global Opportunities
- - The Academy Team
- - How to join
- - Frequently Asked Questions
- - The Academy Awards of Excellence 2019
- - Academy Access Award Ceremony Volunteer Registration
- Sustainable Futures
- Placements Hub
- Strategy and Leadership
- Contact Us
The Three Pillars of The Academy
1. Academic Rigour
- Several extension level units focusing on critical thinking and analysis, leadership, ethics, creativity, innovation and service learning
- Cross-disciplinary environment
- Events focusing on exposure to world-class research and researchers, teachers and experts.
Students from all disciplines discuss issues such as the ethics of citizenship, the changing nature of globalisation and how to deal with the aspects involved in a world of uncertainty.
The complex natures of leadership, entrepreneurship, innovation and ethics are examined in academic workshops that go beyond the standard lecture/tutorial model, providing invaluable forums for intellectual exploration and expression.
2. Professional and Personal Development
- Professional development seminars and experiences including communication skills, success planning, and leadership workshops
- Internship opportunities
- Personalised career planning
- International and local conference travel
- Innovation labs - to help you push your ideas into reality
A leader will only become a great leader if he or she is also skilled in emotional, psychological, social and inter-personal development. To build and enhance these qualities, you will be working in a cross-disciplinary context that will expose you to some of the University's world-class researchers in culture and society, engineering, human and biological sciences and environmental studies.
You will also be offered value-added workshops and seminars such as preparing for interviews, success and career planning, developing emotional intelligence and communication across cultures.
3. Community Engagement
- Service learning and volunteering opportunities
- Student-led community-focused projects
- Applied leadership experience
The Academy helps you identify your passions and interests, and to connect and gain exposure with relevant organisations, locally and internationally.
The Academy is unique to Western Sydney University. It offers high-achieving students opportunities to gain the intellectual, emotional and practical skills needed in a world that is moving and changing at an unprecedented rate.
A 'hands on' approach to projects, initiatives and internships engages students directly with their communities and external organisations, while a supportive environment ensures that intellectual growth is accompanied by personal growth.