- Why choose Western Sydney University?
- Find a course
- Prepare to arrive
- Study and life
- Exchange and short overseas study
- International partnerships
- Chat with an Ambassador
- Contact International
- - Western Sydney University coming to you
- - Find an agent
- - Current Applicant
- - International Staff
- - Prospective Agent
- Resources for Agents
- - Promotion information
- - What to say about Western
- - Scholarship information for agents
- - Forms and prospectus
- - Admission procedures
- - ESOS for agents
- - Facts about Western Sydney University
- - Financial information for agents
- - New agent information
- - Existing agent information
- - Promotional videos for agents
- - Regional Managers
- - Contact International
- Course Enquiry
- International Student of the Year Awards
- International Virtual Fair
Financial information for agents
This page lists general advice only. For details in relation to terms and conditions for payments refer to your Western Sydney University Agent Agreement. Please note, if you charge a fee to students for agency services which relates to applications, you must tell the students that it is a fee between you and the student and is NOT required by Western Sydney University and does not form part of any payment made by them to us. Any issues or concerns relating to commission payments are to be directed to your Regional Manager.
Commission for full degree students
- the agent submits the student's application for admission and that application bears the agent's name
- the agent submits an acceptance by the student of any letter of offer from us for a place in a Western Sydney University course
- the agent submits written verification that the student has paid the course fee.
- has been recruited by the representative in compliance with the Western Sydney University and The College Agent Agreement
- is enrolled in a course at Western after census date for each session
- has remained continuously enrolled in that course at Western for a period exceeding four weeks
- has paid the respective course fee and any other required fees to us
Claiming your commission
- An agent must log into StudyLink to review commission details sent by Western Sydney University. Once reviewed, an agent can view the commission details and approve.
If the agent does not agree with the information provided, they can dispute the commission details and leave a comment.
Please see StudyLink Commissions User Manual (opens in a new window) for more details.
Invoices to be paid by The College
Please include The College's provider address on the invoice:
Locked Bag 1797
Penrith NSW 2751
Any issues or concerns relating to commission payments are to be directed to your Regional Manager.
The student must provide relevant documentary evidence, together with the mailing address where they want the refund to be sent.
The exact refund students will be entitled to depends on the reason why they need a refund and how quickly they notify Western Sydney University or The College in writing.
For specific details of our International Student Fees and Refund Agreement refer to your agent manual.
Requests for refunds
Course search - online handbook (opens in a new window)
Entry requirements (opens in a new window)
Fees and costs (opens in a new window)
Overseas Health Cover (opens in a new window)
ESOS information (opens in a new window)
Orientation and arrival (opens in a new window)
Accommodation (opens in a new window)
Enrolment information (opens in a new window)
How to get to our campuses (opens in a new window)
Western Sydney International Team (opens in a new window)