- Why choose Western Sydney University?
- Find a course
- - Entry requirements
- - Accept your offer
- - Fees and costs
- - Overseas Student Health Cover
- - Apply for academic credit
- - Obtain a student visa
- International Student Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Undergraduate Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Postgraduate Scholarships
- - Western Sydney University Staff Scholarships
- - Western Sydney International Scholarships – Undergraduate
- - Western Sydney International Scholarships – Postgraduate
- - BHP David Walker Australian Studies Scholarship
- - Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- - Apply
- Prepare to arrive
- Study and life
- Exchange and short overseas study
- International partnerships
- Contact International
- Course Enquiry
Western Sydney International Scholarships – Postgraduate
Western Sydney International is offering multi-year scholarship awards to new commencing international students enrolling in postgraduate coursework programs at Western Sydney University in the following intakes:
- Quarter 3: June 2019
- Quarter 4: September 2019
- Spring: July 2019
- All 2020 intakes
Awards are granted on the basis of academic merit.
- be an international student and not an Australian Citizen, New Zealand citizen or permanent resident of Australia. If your status changes to one of these during the study period the scholarship will discontinue.
- satisfy the academic eligibility requirements for either of the multi-year scholarships in their most recent completed tertiary qualification recognised by Western Sydney University
- satisfy all other admission requirements and accept their admission offer
- commence a new course of study in Spring 2019, Quarter 3 2019, Quarter 4 2019, or 2020 for the first time.
Applicants are not eligible if they:
- are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency in Australia
- are a study abroad or an exchange student coming to the University
- are currently enrolled at Western Sydney University and apply for a scholarship for their existing course of study
- do not commence study in the session and year indicated in their offer. Commencement may not be deferred
- do not submit a fully completed application and/or acceptance
- are applying to study a program located at Sydney City campus
- have been granted more than 80 credit points advanced standing (Note: In the event of 80 credit points of advanced standing, the scholarships will apply to the reduced duration of the course after the advanced standing has been applied and will not exceed the annual value of the scholarship in any one year of full-time study.)
- study less than 80 credit points to complete the course
- have been awarded another scholarship by the University or another organisation that covers the cost of the tuition fees (fully or partially) to study at Western Sydney University
- are enrolling in a higher degree research program e.g. PhD.
All international applicants have been automatically considered for the scholarships funded by the university; no separate scholarship application is required. Scholarship information will be outlined in offer letter for admission, if students meet the eligibilities of the scholarship.
All CRICOS registered postgraduate coursework degrees with a minimum one year duration (excluding higher degree research).
Benefits and duration
Depending on the applicant's academic achievement, the following benefits will apply:
A multi-year benefit of
- $7,500 per year or
- $5,000 per year
Benefits will be applied to tuition fees for full-time enrolment in a postgraduate masters, not exceeding two years.
The scholarship is a partial tuition fee waiver and does not cover costs associated with living expenses, accommodation, transport, overseas student health cover or other costs associated with study.
Open until scholarships are filled for the session.
Scholarships will be granted on a first come first served basis until filled.
Students are advised to accept the scholarship as soon as possible in order to avoid disappointment.
For further information or assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org