- Why choose Western Sydney University?
- Find a course
- - Entry requirements
- - Accept your offer
- - Fees and costs
- - Overseas Student Health Cover
- - Apply for academic credit
- - Obtain a student visa
- International Student Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Undergraduate Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Postgraduate Scholarships
- - Western Sydney University Staff Scholarships
- - International Academic Excellence Postgraduate Scholarships
- - Western Sydney International Scholarships – Undergraduate
- - Western Sydney International Scholarships – Postgraduate
- - Sydney Graduate School of Management (SGSM) International Scholarship (India)
- - School of Social Sciences and Psychology Postgraduate International Scholarship
- - Postgraduate business scholarships
- - International 'Early Bird' Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor’s Langtang Valley Scholarship
- - Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- - Apply
- Prepare to arrive
- Study and life
- Exchange and short overseas study
- International partnerships
- Contact International
- Course Enquiry
International Academic Excellence Postgraduate Scholarships
New international students commencing in 2017.
Quarter intake programs (January, April, June, September)
Autumn and Spring intake programs (February, July)
Master of Convergent Media (opens in a new window)
Master of Engineering (opens in a new window)
Master of Information and Communications Technology (opens in a new window)
Master of Information and Communications Technology (Advanced) (opens in a new window)
Master of Teaching (Birth - 5/Birth - 12 Years) (opens in a new window)
Master of Interpreting and Translation (opens in a new window)
Master of Public Health (opens in a new window)
Master of Health Science (opens in a new window)
Master of Planning (opens in a new window)
Master of Social Science (opens in a new window)
$5,000 for one year only. The scholarship is a tuition fee waiver and does not cover costs associated with living expenses, accommodation, transport, overseas student health cover or other costs associated with study.
- be international students with a Higher Education Sector Visa. (Subclass 573 or subclass 500)
- commence a new course of study in 2017.
- have received an offer of admission to Western Sydney University
- have submitted a complete scholarship application by closing date.
- provide a statement in support of their application indicating how they believe the scholarship will assist them with their studies and in their future career.
- not be seeking to make an application for advanced standing for their course prior to, or after enrolment.
You are not eligible if:
- you are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency in Australia.
- you are a study abroad or an exchange student coming to the University.
- you are currently enrolled.
- your scholarship application is incomplete.
- you are applying to study a program located at Sydney City campus.
- you have been awarded another scholarship by the University or another organisation that covers the cost of tuition fees (partially or fully) to study at Western Sydney University.
Application and Selection Process
Short-listing will be carried out by a panel of officers from the University, chaired by the Deputy Pro Vice-Chancellor (International) or a delegated representative. Applicants will be ranked based on the selection criteria and the panel's review of their personal statement.
Opening date: Closed on 15 November 2016 for any intake in 2017.
Future rounds may be opened based on availability of the scholarship. Apply early to avoid disappointment.
For further information or assistance please email email@example.com