- Why choose Western Sydney University?
- Find a course
- - Entry requirements
- - Accept your offer
- - Fees and costs
- - Overseas Student Health Cover
- - Apply for academic credit
- - Obtain a student visa
- International Student Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Undergraduate Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Postgraduate Scholarships
- - Western Sydney University Staff Scholarships
- - Western Sydney International Scholarships – Undergraduate
- - Western Sydney International Scholarships – Postgraduate
- - BHP David Walker Australian Studies Scholarship
- - Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- - Apply
- Prepare to arrive
- Study and life
- Exchange and short overseas study
- International partnerships
- Contact International
- Course Enquiry
China Scholarship Council (CSC) Research Scholarship
The CSC Research Scholarship is a collaborative arrangement between the China Scholarship Council (CSC) and Western Sydney University to provide high quality research training to qualified students from Chinese universities with the aim of developing research collaboration between the University and Chinese universities.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, you must:
- be a citizen and permanent resident of the People's Republic of China
- be eligible to receive an Australian Student Visa
- have received an offer letter for admission to the Western Sydney University PhD program
- have received a conditional scholarship offer letter from Western Sydney University
satisfy the selection criteria set by the CSC
CSC Scholarship funding covers living allowance, Overseas Student Health Cover in Australia, one 'round trip' airfare to Australia, and your Australian Student Visa application fees.
The University will waive full tuition fees for successful applicants for up to a maximum of 48 months.
Step 1: Find a supervisor at Western Sydney University (opens in a new window)
Step 2: Submit your application for admission at Western Sydney University
Please submit your research application, together with all supporting documentation, following instructions on the How to Apply for a PhD (opens in a new window) page.
Step 3: Notify Sponsored Student Coordinator
Once your research application is successfully submitted, please notify the Sponsored Student Coordinator - Ms Angerine Leong (email@example.com) by providing your User ID and confirm your intention to apply for CSC Scholarship, to ensure your application will be considered for the scholarship.
Step 4: Prepare your application to CSC in China
Once you are offered a place and conditional scholarship by the University, you should contact the CSC Scholarship Liaison officer at your university in China for assistance with your application.
Please visit the CSC website (opens in a new window) for more information, such as the selection criteria, application form and CSC Employer Reference.
NOTE: The final selection for the joint CSC-Western Sydney University Research Scholarship will be made by CSC in China on the basis of academic merit.
Application to Western Sydney University
Opening date: 1 August 2019
Closing date: 20 January 2020
Application to CSC in China (Please check CSC website (opens in a new window) to confirm these dates)
Opening date: Approximately 20 March each year
Closing date: Approximately early April each year
Contacts for further questions
Ms Angerine Leong
Sponsored Student Coordinator
Phone: + 612 9685 9491