- Why choose Western Sydney University?
- Find a course
- - Entry requirements
- - Accept your offer
- - Fees and costs
- - Overseas Student Health Cover
- - Apply for academic credit
- - Obtain a student visa
- International Student Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Undergraduate Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Postgraduate Scholarships
- - Western Sydney University Staff Scholarships
- - Western Sydney International Scholarships – Undergraduate
- - Western Sydney International Scholarships – Postgraduate
- - BHP David Walker Australian Studies Scholarship
- - Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- - Apply
- Prepare to arrive
- Study and life
- Exchange and short overseas study
- International partnerships
- Contact International
- Course Enquiry
BHP David Walker Australian Studies Scholarship
Applicants must be Australian citizens or have been granted Permanent Residency at the time of application. Applicants for the BHP David Walker Australian Studies Scholarship may be citizens of the People's Republic of China.
Applicants must have completed or be about to complete an undergraduate degree from an Australian or Chinese university and be planning to undertake postgraduate study at a Chinese university no later than in the calendar year following the year of the Applicant's Scholarship award.
A Selection Committee will consider the following criteria in assessing Applicants:
* Academic excellence (outstanding university results, such as honours degrees)
* Academic focus in areas of priority interest for the Scholarship program identified above
* Leadership skills
* Strong academic and community referees
* Commitment to the enhancement of the Australia China relationship
Click here to download a copy of the application form.