- What We Do
- Getting Your Message Out
- Communications Planning
- Internal Communication Channels
- Tips, Resources & Templates
E-Update is a daily news bulletin service for staff. E-Updates are submitted by staff and an email with a summary of the day's E-Updates is sent to a staff subscriber list each weekday morning.
E-Updates are published in the daily news bulletin on the start date specified by the submitter, and displayed on the University Intranet until the end date.
Staff can subscribe to E-Update to receive the daily news bulletin. Enter your staff email address in the 'E-Update Daily News email message' box in the bottom left corner and hit 'submit'.
- Messages can be displayed on the University Intranet for up to one month.
- If you require an E-Update to be published in the daily news bulletin on more than one day, you must submit a separate announcement for each day. Please note that the same announcement cannot be published in the daily news bulletin for two or more consecutive days – there needs to be at least one day's break in between.
- E-Updates must be submitted before 12.00pm to ensure it will be published the next working day.
- E-Updates can be submitted in advance.
- E-Updates can include attachments.
- Use http:// at the front of a URL if you want it to appear as a clickable link.
- Messages relating to advertising the sale of goods should use only the "Social and non-work specific announcements" category. These messages will not appear in the daily email but will be on the E-Update webpage.
- E-Update cannot be used to advertise an independent business venture or the sale of goods not owned by a University staff member.
- Political or religious messages endorsing a particular philosophy cannot be published on E-Update.
- The E-Update moderator reserves the right to edit long messages or to decline to publish unsuitable messages.
- All E-Updates must comply with the Western Sydney University Acceptable Use of IT Resources Policy (opens in a new window) and the Western Sydney University Code of Conduct (opens in a new window).
Submit an E-Update
Staff can submit an E-Update by completing the online submission form (opens in a new window).
You will receive an automated email when your E-Update is approved. If, for any reason, your E-Update needs to be declined, an Internal Communications team member will contact you.