Recycling and Waste
Recycling and waste is the responsibility of the Manager, Cleaning, Recycling and Waste.
- These services are contracted to SUEZ Australia, including the provision of waste compaction units and materials recycling.
Clinical waste is managed at source with specialist service providers.
General waste and co-mingled recycling
- General waste is collected by cleaners and compacted on Hawkesbury, Parramatta, Nirimba, Penrith, Bankstown and Campbelltown campuses.
- General waste bins and co-mingled recycle bins are located at the smaller sites, Lithgow, 1PSQ - 169 Macquarie Street Parramatta, 6 Hassall Street Parramatta, Parramatta North, Macarthur Clinical, Blacktown Clinical, Olympic Park, Liverpool and Westmead campuses.
- Recycling of materials is increased substantially through waste compaction.
Laboratory waste is managed by the relevant Schools.
Other waste services
Other waste services include:
- include trade waste (grease traps)
- recycling of metals
- fluorescent lights
- toner cartridges
- styrofoam packaging
Paper and cardboard waste
- Blue bins and office bins are emptied into recycling skips that are sorted into material grades for recycling processes.
- Confidential papers (blue bins w/yellow lids) are securely transported to waste facility and shredded prior to recycling.
Sanitary waste bins are serviced by GJK Facility Services under the cleaning contract.