Landscaping and Grounds
Grounds maintenance and landscaping is the responsibility of the Manager, Grounds/Landscaping.
Grounds maintenance is contracted to Summit Open Space Services for mowing teams and grounds staff across all major campuses.
Maintenance of campus areas is guided by principles of 'safety through design', amenity and sustainability, as outlined in the University Landscape Masterplan, along with respect for historical character of campuses such as Hawkesbury as reflected in the Landscape Management Plan: Hawkesbury campus and conservation requirements for the Parramatta campus.
Grounds maintenance includes:
- General grounds, gardens and sporting fields across all campuses
- The provision of outdoor furniture (tables and seats, shade structures, BBQs, etc)
- Irrigation systems for gardens (including those supplied from stormwater reuse)
- Landscaping as part of building projects or refurbishments
- Make good after damage from storms, events or other causes
- Bushfire mitigation
- Environment sustainability through design