- Open Scholarships
- All scholarships
- Scholarship Groups
- Find a Scholarship
- External Scholarships
- Scholarship Application Information
- Important Dates
- Information for Current Scholarship Students
- Become a Donor
- The Academy
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Equity Criteria
- Contact Scholarships
Scholarship Application Information
How to Apply
Scholarship applications open in September and May each year. Please visit the Scholarship Groups page to learn about the different types of scholarships available. You can also view detailed information and find a scholarship that suits you, through our Find a Scholarship page.
All scholarships have their own individual eligibility criteria and students should read the eligibility criteria before making an application.
Points to consider when preparing your application
- It is strongly recommended that you review your answers before submitting your application as you will not be able to make any changes once submitted.
- Read the Supporting Documentation page to find out what and how to submit your supporting documentation.
- Get your applications in by the due date - we will not accept late applications.
- Refer to the Scholarships page and important scholarship dates.
- New scholarships come up all the time, so it is worth keeping up to date with the scholarships that you are eligible for. Keep an eye on our website for further opportunities throughout the year.
- Don't forget that you also have to apply for admission to the University. Obtaining and accepting a scholarship does not guarantee you an offer to a course. Information on how to apply to a course can be accessed from the Future Students site.
What happens once you submit a scholarship application
Each scholarship has stringent selection criteria and the applicant who best meets the selection criteria and who is approved by the relevant donor or selection criteria will be offered the scholarship. In some cases, this may involve an interview with the donor or selection committee.
Once the applications have been assessed and the outcomes known, all applicants will be notified in writing. In the majority of cases, applicants are notified within six weeks of the scholarship closing date.
What happens if I am awarded a Scholarship
- Vice-Chancellor's Leadership Scholarship
- Fast Forward Scholarship
- Honours Scholarship
- Pathways to Dreaming Scholarship
- School of Medicine Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Accommodation Scholarship
- Sports Scholarship
- To apply for the Opportunity Scholarship and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Achievement Scholarship, please visit the UAC website (opens in a new window).
Group B (Donor Funded)
- Group B Donor Funded Scholarships
- GPT Group Scholarship
Group C (Commonwealth Funded Scholarships)
- To apply for Indigenous Commonwealth Funded Scholarships, please visit the UAC Website (opens in a new window).