The following scholarships are offered externally to the University. It is recommended you go to the individual websites below to find out more information about the scholarship including application and eligibility requirements.
AMP’s Tomorrow Fund
- AMP’s Tomorrow Fund is offering amazing Australians doing great things the chance to share in $1 million in grants.
- AMP is looking for people who have a talent or a passion for something that will ultimately benefit Australia – whether that’s a scientist who is developing innovative technology, a social innovator with a community enterprise in mind or a singer who wants to take their voice to the world stage.
- For more information visit AMP's website (opens in a new window)
APPEA- Tony Noon Scholarship
- The Tony Noon scholarship is aimed at assisting students who are aspiring to a career in the upstream petroleum industry.
- The scholarship is valued at a one-off payment of $3,000.
- Applicants must be enrolled in Honours, Masters or PhD programs and may come from a range of disciplines, for example, geology, engineering, economics, law or environmental management.
- For more information visit the APPEA website (opens in a new window)
APS Bendi Lango Initiative
- The Bendi Lango initiative, established by the Australian Psychological Society (APS) aims to support postgraduate psychology students of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent in difficult financial circumstances.
- Each bursary of financial assistance is valued at $15,000 per annum during the time that the applicant is in full-time study (or $7500 per part-time year) in either an APAC-accredited Masters coursework degree (MPsych) or professional Doctorate (DPsych or PsychD).
- A selection committee will recommend the recipient(s) to the APS Board on the basis of merit and demonstrated need, together with confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander identity, and proof of offer and acceptance, or enrolment, into an APAC-accredited postgraduate program.
- For more information visit the Australian Psychological Society website (opens in a new window)
Australian Sugar Industry Scholarship
- Sugar Research Institute (SRI) awards scholarships every year for undergraduate students studying engineering (chemical, mechanical, process and electrical), science or technical disciplines at any Australian university or tertiary institution.
- SRI will be funding four scholarship recipients each year to be hosted by Australian sugar mills and refineries for three work placements of four weeks over one and a half years.
- Valued at a total of $2,500 and paid work placement at industry rates, including a living away allowance of $250 per week.
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, enrolled in the penultimate year of and engineering, science or technical degree and able to undertake three periods of work placement over an 18 month period during semester breaks.
- Applications are open from 17 October 2018 and close 11 March 2019.
- For more information visit the Sugar Research Institute website (opens in a new window)
Australian Veterans' Children Trust
- For Children of Veterans intending to undertake tertiary study.
- Applications open in August and close in October each year.
- For information, refer to the Australian Veteran's Children Assistance Trust (AVCAT) website (opens in a new window)
Backfocus Physiotherapy Back Pain Research Scholarship
- Backfocus Physiotherapy would like to offer a $1000 scholarship to physiotherapy students who are currently enrolled in a Masters or Honours degree and who have a special interest in low back pain & are undertaking a research project into an area of low back pain prevention or treatment.
- For more information visit the Backfocus Physiotherapy website (opens in a new window)
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Scholarship Program
- The Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Scholarship Program aims to assist academically outstanding but disadvantaged students from a rural or regional area, who have been offered a full-time place at an Australian university or college for the first time.
- For more information visit the Bendigo and Adelaide Bank website (opens in a new window)
Beryl Wilson Austrade Scholarship for Women in International Business
- This scholarship is designed for women enrolled full time or part time in the final year of a coursework Master's degree, in international business or a related field, or a Master of Business Administration with an international business specialisation.
- The purpose of this scholarship is to encourage, support and advance the involvement of women in international business. This scholarship will also contribute towards building Asia-capable staff and leaders.
- The value of the scholarship is up to $40,000 for full-time study and will be pro-rated for a part time recipient.
- The scholarship funds will reimburse the award recipient's tuition fees, study materials and other expenses incurred in undertaking the course of study.
- For more information visit the Australian Trade and Investment Commission website (opens in a new window)
Bizcover's Women in IT Scholarship
- BizCover is one of Australia’s leading Insure-Tech companies, with a marketing platform that provides business insurance to SMEs, in Australia, New Zealand and the USA.
- The scholarship, valued at $2,000 with a three month work placement, aims to assist female IT students in their final year of study, and help them gain valuable real-world work experience.
- Applications close 31 July and 1 February.
- For more information visit the Bizcover website (opens in a new window)
Blacktown City Council Tertiary Scholarship Awards
- Blacktown Council awards 12 Tertiary Scholarships valued at $1,500 each to students who have completed at least one year of a course at a recognised tertiary institution by the end of the previous year.
- Applicants must be residents of the City of Blacktown, and provide a copy of their current transcript.
- For more information visit the Blacktown City Council website (opens in a new window)
Capstone Editing Scholarships
- Capstone Editing is a specialist academic editing company.
- A range of scholarships and grants are available valued between $3,000 and $5,000 for female students.
- Applications close 30 July.
- For more information on the individual opportunities, visit the Capstone Editing website (opens in a new window)
Charlie Bell Scholarship for Future Leaders
- In recognition of the contribution made by the former McDonald's Corporation CEO, Charlie Bell, a scholarship for future leaders has been created in his name.
- The Charlie Bell Scholarship for Future Leaders will reward successful candidates with a contribution of up to $15,000 towards tuition fees for their chosen undergraduate or post graduate study.
- To be eligible to apply for the Scholarship, applicants must gain acceptance to or be enrolled in, an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at an Australian University; be available to commence university or continue university; be an Australian citizen or permanent resident; and in respect of the Employee Award, the applicant must be employed by McDonald's or its franchisees.
- For more information visit the McDonald's Website (opens in a new window)
Choosi Futures Grant Program
- Choosi is an insurance comparison service and we’re dedicated to helping Australians make better, more informed decisions when choosing an insurance policy.
- This grant, valued at $5,000, is offered annually to one person studying in the following areas: Medicine, Health Sciences and Healthcare.
- Applications for the 2017–18 grant is open from December 1, 2017 until October 31, 2018.
- For more information visit the Choosi website (opens in a new window)
Chrissy Weems Scholarship
- The Chrissy Weems Scholarship was created to help the future entrepreneurs and small business owners.
- All high school seniors who have been selected to attend a college or university and current college students are encouraged to apply.
- Applications close 28 February 2019.
- For more information visit the Chrissy Weems website (opens in a new window)
Country Education Foundation Scholarships
- Country Education Foundation offers a range of scholarships that are designed to support students with the cost of studying a degree.
- To view the Country Education Foundation Scholarship guide please visit the Country Education Foundation of Australia website (opens in a new window)
Defence University Sponsorship
- The Defence University Sponsorship is the perfect way to make university life more manageable and provides you with the opportunity to make a difference in your degree.
- The sponsorship is available to undergraduate or graduate students studying an accredited degree at any recognised university in Australia.
- As a sponsored student you will receive a salary to study, your HELP and student fees covered from when sponsorship starts and many other benefits.
- For more information visit the Defence University Sponsorship website (opens in a new window)
Digital Marketing Scholarship
- GO PR are passionate about all things Digital. From Social Media, SEO, Conversion Optimisation, Web Design, Paid Advertising to Public Relations.
- An annual Digital Marketing Scholarship is available to both Thai and International students.
- Applications close 26 July 2019.
- For more information visit the GO PR website (opens in new window)
Futures in Health Indigenous Scholarship
- The House Call Doctors Futures in Health Indigenous Scholarship recognises the immense contribution of Indigenous Australians throughout all sectors of society.
- The scholarship is valued at $5,000.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older, identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and be an undergraduate/postgraduate student studying in at least their second year of study in a medical/health field at an Australian institution.
- For more information visit the Futures in Health Indigenous Scholarship website (opens in a new window)
Gallipoli and Bill Hall Scholarships
- The Gallipoli Scholarship aims to perpetuate among Australians an understanding of the traditions of perseverance, courage and self-sacrifice which were established so indelibly at Gallipoli and on other battlefields in World War I and World War ll.
- The Scholarship provides financial assistance to the most deserving and meritorious Australian applicant(s), resident in New South Wales or the ACT, or commencing the first year of their first degree at a NSW or ACT university.
- In assessing suitability for an award, a 60 percent weighting will apply to financial need and a 40 percent weighting to educational merit. The scholarship support does not extend beyond one year.
- Valued at $5,000 tax free.
- For more information visit the Gallipoli Scholarships website (opens in a new window)
Hoskins Lithgow Scholarship
- The Hoskins Lithgow Scholarship was awarded for the first time in 2006. The scholarship award enables young Lithgow residents to achieve their full potential as did Charles Hoskins, a pioneer of the Australian steel industry.
- Applicants must reside in the Lithgow LGA and be an Australian citizen under the age of 26 as at 1st July in the scholarship application year. The applicant must intend to undertake a tertiary course of study.
- The scholarship is to fund the cost of a tertiary course of study to a maximum sum of $25,000. This amount is available to cover all compulsory fees, books, stationery and equipment, as well as accommodation, living and travel expenses incurred in connection with the course.
- For more information visit the Hoskins Lithgow Scholarship website (opens in a new window)
Infinity Technologies Scholarship
- Infinity Technologies is one of Australia's leading Digital Agencies specialising in delivering tailored online solutions for Australia's leading E-Commerce, Multi Channel and Omni Channel retailers.
- Infinity will provide $2,000 towards tuition fees or training for students in their chosen field of study within computer technology, marketing and business. The successful applicant will also have a chance to work and learn business and marketing basics from Infinity.
- Students must be studying a Bachelors or Masters degree in Business, Marketing, IT or E-Marketing.
- For more information visit the Infinity Technologies website (opens in a new window)
International Summer Science Program (ISSI)
- Weizmann Australia is providing an opportunity for current first year science students to attend an elite summer science program in July at The Weizmann Institute of Science in Israel.
- The scholarship covers full program feeds, accommodation and board plus funding towards travel costs to Israel.
- Applicants must be a current school leaver.
- For more information visit the Wiezmann Australia website (opens in a new window)
Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship
- Established in 1998 from a generous bequest by Jane M. Klausman, a member of the Zonta Club of Syracuse, New York, and the 1990 - 1995 Zonta International Parliamentarian, the Jane M. Klausman Women in Business.
- Scholarship is awarded annually to women pursuing undergraduate or master's degrees in business management.
- Zonta clubs provide awards for club recipients. Zonta International awards scholarships of up to US$2,000 each at the district/region level and six international scholarships of US$8,000 each.
- The scholarships are awarded annually and may be used for tuition, books or living expenses at any university, college or institution offering accredited business courses and degrees.
- For more information visit the Zonta International Website(opens in a new window)
JB Fairfax Award for Rural and Regional Journalism
- A prestigious national award that encourages and supports a young university student who is passionate about pursuing a career as a rural or regional journalist upon graduation.
- The Award includes a $10,000 cash scholarship and a suite of internships.
- 2019 applications close 31 August 2018.
- For more information vist the Royal Agricultural Society of NSW's website (opens in a new window)
Joan Bielski Scholarship
- The Australian Federation of Graduate Women NSW Education Trust invites applications for this scholarship from woman aged over 35, who have fulfilled the entrance requirements for a first course at university in NSW and can demonstrate hardship. Candidates must be Australian citizens or permanent residents.
- An award of $5,000 twice per annum will be given, for up to three years subject to satisfactory academic achievement.
- For more information visit the Australian Federation of Graduate Women NSW website (opens in a new window)
John Martyn Research Grant for the Conservation of Bushland
- Applications for the inaugural John Martyn Research Grant for the Conservation of Bushland in Sydney are open.
- A $2,500 one-off award is available.
- Honours, masters and PhD students are encouraged to apply by 31 March 2019, with winners being announced 30 April 2019.
- Your project must contribute to the knowledge that will assist the conservation of bushland in Sydney.
- STEP is a community-based environmental organisation with members from Ku-ring-gai, Hornsby and surrounding suburbs. With the primary aim is to work for the conservation of bushland in northern Sydney.
- For more information visit the STEP website (opens in a new window)
King & Amy O’Malley Scholarships
- For over 30 years, The King & Amy O’Malley Trust has awarded annual undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships for students applying for, or enrolled in, tertiary Home Economics or equivalent programs in Australia.
- Scholarships are available for undergraduate and postgraudate students studying: Consumer Science, Family and Consumer Studies, Food and Nutrition, Teacher Education, Social work and Social Sciences.
- Applications close open March 2019.
- For more information on scholarship opportunties, visit the King & Amy O’Malley webpage (opens in a new window)
Mary MacKillop Foundation Indigenous Tertiary Scholarship
- The Mary MacKillop Foundation have been providing tertiary scholarships for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students since 1998.
- Three unique scholarships are being offered that are designed to support students with course fees and living expenses.
- For more information visit the Mary MacKillop Foundation website (opens in a new window)
Merck-AGITG Kristian Anderson Award
- This Award supports a clinician undertaking a higher degree (MD or Ph.D) researching an aspect of personalised medicine in the area of gastro-intestinal cancer.
- The award will provide one year’s funding at an equivalent level to NHMRC support for a higher degree ($36,700). This would be the first year of a planned three-year project – the grant aims to allow the clinician to be more competitive for funding agency support in later years.
- Applications will close 3 August 2018.
- For more information visit the Australasian Gastro-Intestinal Trials Group's website (opens in a new window)
NSW Department of Education Scholarship and Internship
- Get paid while you study to become a teacher and be guaranteed a permanent teaching position in a NSW public school when you graduate.
- For more information please visit the teach.nsw website (opens in a new window)
- The Australian College of Nursing administers nursing and midwifery scholarships for the Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing.
- There are a range of scholarships available for nurses, midwives, midwifery and nursing students in Australia, ranging from $1,000 to $30,000.
- For more information visit the Australian College of Nursing website (opens in a new window)
- Order-In, Australia's premier corporate catering platforms invites students enrolled in both undergraduate or postgraduate studies to apply for their scholarship to provide support towards living and tuition fees.
- Order-In aims to support students studying full time in their chosen field of study within Marketing, Business, Digital Design, IT or any internet business related field.
- The scholarship is valued at $5,000 and is available for Semester 2 (mid-year intake for 2018) or Semester 1 2019.
- The scholarships also include an opportunity for the recipient to learn about online businesses and marketing strategies through an online hangout with a key staff member within Order-In.
- For more information visit the Order-In website (opens in new window)
- Pinnacle Scholarships will be provided for young LBTIQ students who wish to undertake study at a public institution of higher education in Australia.
- The intention of the scholarship is to assist with expenses associated with study, for example, cost of tuition, laptops, textbooks, uniforms, professional membership or travel costs.
- Applications open in July and close on 1 October each year.
- For more information visit the Pinnacle Foundation website (opens in a new window)
Positive Lending Solutions Entrepreneur Scholarship
- Specialising in a wide range of financial products, Positive Lending Solutions have set themselves apart from their competition through core values in entrepreneurship, developing custom software applications and adopting technology early to increase business efficiency at scale.
- Positive Lending Solutions will award one $2,500 scholarship for the best submitted entry and are keen to support the winner with CEO level advice from Tom Caeser, local media opportunities, career advice and support from their team.
- For more information visit the Positive Lending Solutions website (opens in a new window)
Rapid Finance Scholarship Program
- Rapid Finance want to help future finance professionals to achieve academic success.
- Rapid Finance is offering a $2,000 scholarship to business students.
- This scholarship is awarded for initiative and forward thinking.
- For more information view the Rapid Finance Scholarship Program website
RateCity 2018 Business & Finance Scholarship
- RateCity, Australia’s leading financial comparison website, helps you make better decisions about your personal finances.
- The RateCity 2018 Business & Finance Scholarship, valued at $3,000, is designed to help students battle the rising cost of education.
- Applications close 28 April 2018.
- For more information visit the RateCity website(opens in a new window)
Real Futures Grant
- Since Real Insurance was launched in Australia in 2005, their goal has been to protect the quality of people’s lives
- The grant, valued at $5,000, is offered annually to one person studying in the following areas: Business, Finance, Medicine and Healthcare.
- Applications for the 2017 grant are open from November 1, 2017 until October 31, 2018.
- For more information visit the Real Futures' website (opens in a new window)
Rose Lawyers Scholarship Program
- Rose Lawyers are offering a scholarship for law students recognising excellence in legal studies, and rewarding hard work and willingness to engage in debate with the legal sector.
- The scholarship is valued at $2,000 to help cover course costs. It can also be used to purchase relevant textbooks, research materials and technical equipment.
- On completion of their studies, students may also be considered for an internship or full-time employment.
- For more information visit the Rose Lawyers website (opens in a new window)
RSPCA Pet Insurance Future Animal Carer's Grant
- The RSPCA is Australia’s most recognised and best-loved animal welfare organisation.
- The grant, valued at $5,000, is offered annually to one person studying in the following areas: Veterinary Medicine,Veterinary Science, Veterinary & Life Sciences, Animal Care, Veterinary Nursing, Animal Studies, Animal Sciences, Animal Nutrition, Veterinary Technology and any other courses leading to similar careers as an animal carer or pet health specialist.
- Applications for the 2017–2018 Grant are open from November 15, 2017 until October 31, 2018.
- For more information visit the RSPCA website (opens in a new window)
Sardi Science Bursary for Aboriginal Students
- The South Australian Research and Development Institute (SARDI) awards this science bursary to an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander graduate every year.
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Honours graduates, currently studying or planning to study post-graduate qualifications in agriculture, fisheries or forestry science, can apply for the $1,500 bursary.
- For more information visit the Primary Industries and Regions SA website (opens in a new window)
Savvy Fintech Scholarship 2018-19
- Savvy is one of Australia’s largest online financial brokers, focusing on personal and commercial financial products such as car loans, personal loans, home loans, credit cards and insurance.
- Savvy Fintech Scholarship is open to undergraduate or master’s students studying commerce and financial fields, providing $5,000 towards the academic expenses.
- Applications close 30 June 2019, 5pm AEST, with winner announced 1 August 2019.
- For more information vist the Savvy website (opens in a new window)
Spotcap fintech Scholarship
- Spotcap fintech is offering one scholarship per year to support an aspiring undergraduate or master's student who is studying finance, business, management, law, design or computer engineering.
- The scholarship is valued at $10,000 towards the cost of an undergraduate or master’s degree.
- Applicants are required to demonstrate an interest in a fintech-related field, with an intention to work at fintech upon graduation.
- For more information visit the Spotcap fintech website (opens in a new window)
Niche Beasts Digital Marketing Scholarship
- Niche Beasts provide unbiased reviews and buyer’s guides that helps them make informed purchase decisions.
- The goal of this scholarship program is to support potential digital marketers at both undergraduate and postgraduate level by offering them this opportunity to receive $1,000.
- Applications close 15 September 2018.
- For more information visit the Niche Beasts' website (opens in a new window)
The Bike Chaser Scholarship
- Bike Chaser is part of the local community through products and services, blog content, videos, training courses, and sponsorship of local cycling teams.
- The $1,000 scholarship is awarded annually to an eligible applicant.
- Applications close 30 September, with scholarship awarded 30 October.
- For more information visit The Bike Chaser's website (opens in a new window)
The Coachable Scholarship
- Coachable is a platform that connects athletes with private coaches. In addition to developing confidence & work ethic.
- Coachable is offering a $1,000 scholarship for students enrolled full-time in secondary or tertiary studies, for each semester.
- Applicants must write an article or essay on 'The Importance of Sports'.
- Applications close 1 November and 1 August.
- For more information vist Coachable's website (opens in a new window)
The Global Mobility Immigration Lawyers Scholarship
- Global Mobility Immigration Lawyers (or GloMo for short) is a Melbourne firm, with a global clientele, that is 100% devoted to immigration matters.
- The $1,000 scholarship is an annual initiative, open to all students enrolled in a course of secondary, tertiary or post-graduate practical education/training.
- Applications close 1 October 2018.
- For more information visit the GloMo website (opens in a new window)
The Tangerine Scholarship
- Tangerine Telecom is a telecommunications company supplying unlimited nbn services to residential customers across Australia.
- The $1,000 scholarship award is open to new and existing students undertaking a marketing related college or university course.
- Applications close 1 May 2018.
- For more information visit Tangerine's website (opens in a new window)
Think Conveyancing Financial Literacy Scholarship
- Think Conveyancing is giving students of all ages an opportunity for a financial boost, through their Financial Literacy Scholarship competition.
- Scholarships are valued at $1,000 for first prize, or $200 for the runner-up award.
- Applications close 30 November 2018 and you will be required to write a 700-word essay.
- For more information visit the Think Conveyancing website (opens in a new window)
- Trackly solves remote work challenges using clever time and activity tracking combined with automated invoice payments.
- A $1,000 merit-based scholarship for students pursuing their passions in technology, network security, computer science, data science, biochemistry or neuroscience, is available.
- Applications close 30 June 2018.
- For more information visit the Trackly website (opens in a new window)
Travel Scholarship for Indigenous Paramedic and Nursing Students
- The Real Response Travel Scholarship for Indigenous Paramedic and Nursing Students provides up to $3,000 for one student per year to assist in covering the costs of attending a conference in relation to their degree.
- Applicants need to current undergraduate Paramedic or Nursing students who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders.
- Applications are open 1 June to 31 July 2018.
- For more information vist the Real Response (opens in a new window) website.
Upskilled Business & Marketing Analyst Scholarship
- Upskilled is one of Australia's leading Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) specialising in the delivery of effective and efficient education and training for vocational qualifications to working professionals.
- The scholarship is valued at $2,000 to be used towards educational/training materials.
- The scholarship is open to university students studying an undergraduate degree in commerce, marketing or IT and communications.
- For more information visit the Upskilled website (opens in a new window)
Vision Australia Further Education Bursary
- Awarded to students from NSW, ACT or Victoria who are blind or vision impaired who, for financial reasons, may not be able to fully participate in further education, providing adaptive technology to assist their studies.
- For more information visit the Vision Australia website (opens in a new window)
World Vision 2017 Scholarship
- For decades World Vision has joined communities around the world in the fight to eliminate poverty and its many causes.
- The $1,000 scholarship supports Australian students studying the arts, humanities, social sciences and international studies to follow their passions and drive meaningful change in the world.
- Applications close 16 November 2018.
- For more information visit the World Vision website (opens in a new window)
Youth Off the Streets National Scholarship Program
- The National Scholarship Program celebrates the talents and strengths of young people in Australia who exhibit promise but lack the personal support networks and resources that will allow them to fulfil their potential.
- A scholarship valued $6,000 is available yearly.
- Nominations are invited from young people aged 16 to 21 inclusive with genuine talent, ability and determination in any education or training course.
- For more information vist the Youth Off the Streets website (opens is a new window)
Young Carer Bursary Program
- This program is available to young undergraduate students who provide informal assistance, in terms of help or supervision, to an older person or someone who has a disability or a long-term health condition. This assistance must have been, or is likely to be, ongoing for at least six months.
- This program offers 12 month scholarships of $3,000 to 333 carers who are currently studying.
- For more information, visit the Young Carer Bursary Programme website (opens in a new window)