The following scholarships are offered externally to the University. It is recommended you go to the individual websites below to find out more information about the scholarship including application and eligibility requirements.
Adore Beauty Women in Tech Scholarship
- The aim of this scholarship is to support young women in their careers.
- The scholarship is valued at $2,000 plus a month long paid internship.
- To be eligible, applicants must be a second or third year student studying a course or module in computer science and who identifies as female.
- For more information visit the Adore Beauty website. (opens in a new window).
APPEA Oil & Gas Industry Engineering Scholarship
- Two scholarships are available in any field of undergraduate engineering studies that is relevant to the oil and gas industry, with one scholarship available for an indigenous student.
- The scholarship is valued at a maximum of $5,000 per year for up to five years. Additional funding is available for the indigenous scholarship recipient.
- The scholarships include an opportunity for paid vacation work experience with an APPEA member company within Australia.
- For more information visit the APPEA website (opens in a new window).
APS Bendi Lango Initiative
- The Bendi Lango initiative, established by the Australian Psychological Society (APS) aims to support postgraduate psychology students of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent in difficult financial circumstances. Each bursary of financial assistance is valued at $15,000 per annum during the time that the applicant is in full-time study (or $7500 per part-time year) in either an APAC-accredited Masters coursework degree (MPsych) or professional Doctorate (DPsych or PsychD)
- A selection committee will recommend the recipient(s) to the APS Board on the basis of merit and demonstrated need, together with confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander identity, and proof of offer and acceptance, or enrolment, into an APAC-accredited postgraduate program
- For more information visit the Australian Psychological Society website (opens in a new window)
Australian Hellenic Educational Progressive Association (AHEPA) Scholarship
- AHEPA is an organisation aimed at fostering Australian and Greek relations by actively promoting awareness of the Hellenic culture and language through cultural, educational, charitable and social events and activities.
- Available to students from a Greek background in the final year of a medical degree with strong academic achievement
- The student must demonstrate a keen interest in Hellenic culture and issues such as migrant and public health
- To apply, please forward a one page letter and curriculum vitae addressing the above selection criteria to email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of December 2015.
Australian Veterans' Children Trust
- For Children of Veterans intending tp undertake tertiary study
- Applications open in August and close in October each year
- For information, refer to the Australian Veteran's Children Assistance Trust (AVCAT) website (opens in a new window)
Backfocus Physiotherapy Back Pain Research Scholarship
- Backfocus Physiotherapy would like to offer a $1000 scholarship to physiotherapy students who are currently enrolled in a Masters or Honours degree and who have a special interest in low back pain & are undertaking a research project into an area of low back pain prevention or treatment
- For more information visit the Backfocus Physiotherapy website (opens in a new window)
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Scholarship Program
- The Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Scholarship Program aims to assist academically outstanding but disadvantaged students from a rural or regional area, who have been offered a full-time place at an Australian university or college for the first time.
- For more information visit the Bendigo and Adelaide Bank website (opens in a new window)
Beryl Wilson Austrade Scholarship for Women in International Business
- This scholarship is designed for women enrolled full time or part time in the final year of a coursework Master's degree, in international business or a related field, or a Master of Business Administration with an international business specialisation.
- The purpose of this scholarship is to encourage, support and advance the involvement of women in international business. This scholarship will also contribute towards building Asia-capable staff and leaders
- The value of the scholarship is up to $40,000 for full-time study and will be pro-rated for a part time recipient
- The scholarship funds will reimburse the award recipient's tuition fees, study materials and other expenses incurred in undertaking the course of study
- For more information visit the Australian Trade and Investment Commission website (opens in a new window)
Blacktown City Council Tertiary Scholarship Awards
- Blacktown Council awards 12 Tertiary Scholarships valued at $1,500 each to students who have completed at least one year of a course at a recognised tertiary institution by the end of the previous year.
- Applicants must be residents of the City of Blacktown, and provide a copy of their current transcript.
- For more information visit the Blacktown City Council website (opens in a new window)
Charlie Bell Scholarship for Future Leaders
- In recognition of the contribution made by the former McDonald's Corporation CEO, Charlie Bell, a scholarship for future leaders has been created in his name.
- The Charlie Bell Scholarship for Future Leaders will reward successful candidates with a contribution of up to $15,000 towards tuition fees for their chosen undergraduate or post graduate study.
- To be eligible to apply for the Scholarship, applicants must:gain acceptance to or be enrolled in, an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at an Australian University; be available to commence university or continue university, as the case may be, in semester 1, 2015; be an Australian citizen or permanent resident; and in respect of the Employee Award, the applicant must be employed by McDonald's or its franchisees.
- For more information please visit the McDonald's Website (opens in a new window)
Cotton Australia Final Year Undergraduate Project Sponsorship
- Cotton Australia is the peak body for Australia's cotton growing industry. As part of their commitment to the cotton industry, Cotton Australia seeks to ensure that it has access to a well-trained and motivated workforce. As part of this commitment Cotton Australia is delighted to support scholarships to students undertaking a final year project relating to the cotton industry.
- For more information visit the Cotton Australia website (opens in a new window)
Country Education Foundation Scholarships
- Country Education Foundation offers a range of scholarships that are designed to support students with the cost of studying a degree.
- To view the Country Education Foundation Scholarship guide please visit the Country Education Foundation of Australia website (opens in a new window)
Defence University Sponsorship
- The Defence University Sponsorship is the perfect way to make university life more manageable and provides you with the opportunity to make a difference in your degree.
- The sponsorship is available to undergraduate or graduate students studying an accredited degree at any recognised university in Australia.
- As a sponsored student you will receive a salary to study, your HELP and student fees covered from when sponsorship starts and many other benefits.
- For more information and to apply, please visit the Defence University Sponsorship website (opens in a new window)
Ento: Rostering for a Happier Workplace Scholarship
- Ento is driven by a tireless curiosity and passion to build happier, more productive workplaces. This scholarship will support up and coming business leaders who share that same passion
- The scholarship is valued at $1,000 towards a student's tuition expenses as well as an opportunity to engage in valuable, one-on-one learning sessions with key Ento staff.
- Applicants must be studying HR, Business, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Management or other related field. Applicants must also display an interest in human resources, and the technology that is disrupting that space.
- For more information and to apply visit the Ento: Rostering For a Happier Workplace Scholarship website (opens in a new window)
Futures in Health Indigenous Scholarship
- The House Call Doctors Futures in Health Indigenous Scholarship recognises the immense contribution of Indigenous Australians throughout all sectors of society.
- The scholarship is valued at $10,000.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older, identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and be an undergraduate/postgraduate student studying in at least their second year of study in a medical/health field at an Australian institution.
- For more information and to apply, please visit the Futures in Health Indigenous Scholarship webpage. (opens in a new window)
Gallipoli and Bill Hall Scholarships
- The Gallipoli Scholarship aims to perpetuate among Australians an understanding of the traditions of perseverance, courage and self-sacrifice which were established so indelibly at Gallipoli and on other battlefields in World War I and World War ll.
- The Scholarship provides financial assistance to the most deserving and meritorious Australian applicant(s), resident in New South Wales or the ACT, or commencing the first year of their first degree at a NSW or ACT university
- In assessing suitability for an award, a 60 percent weighting will apply to financial need and a 40 percent weighting to educational merit. The scholarship support does not extend beyond one year
- Valued at $5,000 tax free
- For more information please visit the Gallipoli Scholarships website
Hoskins Lithgow Scholarship
- The Hoskins Lithgow Scholarship was awarded for the first time in 2006. The scholarship award enables young Lithgow residents to achieve their full potential as did Charles Hoskins, a pioneer of the Australian steel industry.
- Applicants must reside in the Lithgow LGA and be an Australian citizen under the age of 26 as at 1st July in the scholarship application year. The applicant must intend to undertake a tertiary course of study.
- The scholarship is to fund the cost of a tertiary course of study to a maximum sum of $25,000. This amount is available to cover all compulsory fees, books, stationery and equipment, as well as accommodation, living and travel expenses incurred in connection with the course.
- For more information visit the Hoskins Lithgow Scholarship website (opens in a new window)
Infinity Technologies Scholarship
- Infinity Technologies is one of Australia's leading Digital Agencies specialising in delivering tailored online solutions for Australia's leading E-Commerce, Multi Channel and Omni Channel retailers.
- Infinity will provide $2,000 towards tuition fees or training for students in their chosen field of study within computer technology, marketing and business. The successful applicant will also have a chance to work and learn business and marketing basics from Infinity.
- Students must be studying a Bachelors or Masters degree in Business, Marketing, IT or E-Marketing.
- For more information visit the Infinity Technologies website (opens in a new window)
International Summer Science Program (ISSI) 2016
- Weizmann Australia is providing an opportunity for current first year science students to attend an elite summer science program in July at The Weizmann Institute of Science in Israel.
- The scholarship covers full program feeds, accommodation and board plus funding towards travel costs to Israel.
- Applicants must be a current school leaver, who completed high school in 2015 who are currently studying their first year of Science
- Applications close 8 April 2016
- For more information visit the Wiezmann Australia website (opens in a new window)
Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship
- Established in 1998 from a generous bequest by Jane M. Klausman, a member of the Zonta Club of Syracuse, New York, and the 1990 - 1995 Zonta International Parliamentarian, the Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship is awarded annually to women pursuing undergraduate or master's degrees in business management.
- Zonta clubs provide awards for club recipients. Zonta International awards scholarships of US$1,000 each at the district/region level and twelve international scholarships of US$7,000 each.
- The scholarships are awarded annually and may be used for tuition, books or living expenses at any university, college or institution offering accredited business courses and degrees.
- For more information visit the Zonta International Website(opens in a new window)
Joan Bielski Scholarship
- The Australian Federation of Graduate Women NSW Education Trust invites applications for this scholarship from woman aged over 35, who have fulfilled the entrance requirements for a first course at university in NSW and can demonstrate hardship. Candidates must be Australian citizens or permanent residents.
- An initial award of $10,000 in semester instalments of $5000 will be given with a possibility of continuation for a second and third year, subject to satisfactory academic achievement.
- For more information, visit the Australian Federation of Graduate Women NSW website (opens in a new window)
Marketing Results Digital Marketing Scholarship
- Marketing Results is a digital agency with specialist expertise in lead generation for marketers of complex services.
- The scholarship is open to students aged between 15 - 24 years of age, currently enrolled at an educational institution.
- The scholarship is valued at $1,500.
- For more information, visit the Marketing Results webpage.
Mary MacKillop Foundation Indigenous Tertiary Scholarship
- The Mary MacKillop Foundation have been providing tertiary scholarships for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students since 1998.
- Three unique scholarships are being offered that are designed to support students with course fees and living expenses
- For more information please visit the Mary MacKillop Foundation website (opens in a new window)
NSW Department of Education Scholarship and Internship
- Get paid while you study to become a teacher and be guaranteed a permanent teaching position in a NSW public school when you graduate
- For more information please visit the teach.nsw website (opens in a new window)
Nursing and Allied Health Scholarship and Support Scheme (NAHSSS): Allied Health Undergraduate Scholarship
- Services for Australian Rural and Remote Allied Health (SARRAH) administer the Allied Health Undergraduate Scholarship under the NAHSSS. This scholarship provides assistance for people living in rural, remote, and regional areas that are enrolled or intending to enrol in, an accredited/approved undergraduate or graduate entry Allied Health Course.
- The NAHSSS is funded by the Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing.
- Total scholarship value is up to $10,000 per year for full-time study or $5,000 per year for part-time study.
- Applications open in September each year for funding the following year.
- For information about eligible disciplines, eligible courses, selection criteria, application process, and scholarship guidelines, please visit the SARRAH website (opens in a new window)
- The Australian College of Nursing administers nursing and midwifery scholarships for the Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing
- There are a range of scholarships available for nurses, midwives, midwifery and nursing students in Australia
- For more information, visit the Australian College of Nursing website (opens in a new window)
- Order-In, Australia's premier corporate catering platforms invites students enrolled in both undergraduate or postgraduate studies to apply for their scholarship to provide support towards living and tuition fees
- Order-In aims to support students studying full time in their chosen field of study within Marketing, Business, Digital Design, IT or any internet business related field.
- The scholarship is valued at $5,000 and is available for Semester 2 2017 or Semester 1, 2018.
- The scholarships also include an opportunity for the recipient to learn about online businesses and marketing strategies through an online hangout with a key staff member within Order-In.
- For more information visit the Order-In website.(opens in new window)
- Pinnacle Scholarships will be provided for young LBTIQ students who wish to undertake study at a public institution of higher education in Australia
- The intention of the scholarship is to assist with expenses associated with study, for example, cost of tuition, laptops, textbooks, uniforms, professional membership or travel costs.
- Applications close on 1 October each year.
- For more information visit the Pinnacle Foundation website (opens in a new window)
Positive Lending Solutions Entrepreneur Scholarship
- Specialising in a wide range of financial products, Positive Lending Solutions have set themselves apart from their competition through core values in entrepreneurship, developing custom software applications and adopting technology early to increase business efficiency at scale.
- Positive Lending Solutions will award one $10,000 scholarship for the best submitted entry and are keen to support the winner with CEO level advice from Tom Caeser, local media opportunities, career advice and support from their team.
- Applications are open to 2016 university students and close on 31 August 2016
- For more information visit the Positive Lending Solutions website (opens in a new window)
Rapid Finance Scholarship Program
- Rapid Finance want to help future finance professionals to achieve academic success
- Rapid Finance is offering a $2,000 scholarship to business students. This scholarship is awarded for initiative and forward thinking.
- For more information please view the Rapid Finance Scholarship Program website
ROI.com.au Digital Marketing Scholarship
- ROI.com.au are offering current Australian University and TAFE students undertaking studies in Marketing, Business or IT an opportunity to develop their skills with industry-relevant training and education.
- The scholarship provides $2,000 in cash towards learning expenses as well as Search Marketing Training Modules and preference in joining ROI.com.au's graduate program.
- For more information visit the ROI website (opens in a new window)
Rose Lawyers Scholarship Program
- Rose Lawyers are offering a scholarship for law students recognising excellence in legal studies, and rewarding hard work and willingness to engage in debate with the legal sector.
- The scholarship is valued at $2,000 to help cover course costs. It can also be used to purchase relevant textbooks, research materials and technical equipment.
- On completion of their studies, students may also be considered for an internship or full-time employment.
- For more information visit the Rose Lawyers website (opens in a new window)
Sportcap fintech Scholarship
- Spotcap fintech is offering one scholarship per year to support an aspiring undergraduate or master's student who is studying finance, business, management, law, design or computer engineering
- The scholarship is valued at $10,000 towards the cost of an undergraduate or master’s degree
- Applicants are required to demonstrate an interest in a fintech-related field, with an intention to work at fintech upon graduation
- For more information visit the Spotcap fintech website (opens in a new window)
Sugar Research Institute Scholarship (SRIS)
- Sugar Research Institute (SRI) awards scholarships every year for undergraduate students studying engineering (chemical, mechanical, process and electrical), science or technical disciplines at any Australian university or tertiary institution
- SRI will be funding four scholarship recipients each year to be hosted by Australian sugar mills and refineries for three work placements of four weeks over one and a half years.
- Valued at a total of $7,500 and paid work placement at industry rates, including a living away allowance of $250 per week.
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, enrolled in the penultimate year of and engineering, science or technical degree and able to undertake three periods of work placement over an 18 month period during semester breaks.
- Applications are open from October
- For more information visit the Sugar Research Institute website (opens in a new window)
- Training.com.au are offering a $1,000 scholarship for a nursing or midwifery student to put towards their HELP debt ro future study fees
- Applicants must be enrolled into an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at any Australian educational institution
- Applicants are required to to provide a 100 word response to a set question by 1 June 2017
- For more information visit the training.com.au (opens in a new window) website
Upskilled Business & Marketing Analyst Scholarship
- Upskilled is one of Australia's leading Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) specialising in the delivery of effective and efficient education and training for vocational qualifications to working professionals.
- The scholarship is valued at $2,500 to be used towards educational/training materials
- The scholarship is open to university students studying an undergraduate degree in commerce, marketing or IT and communications.
- For more information visit the Upskilled website (opens in a new window)
Vision Australia Further Education Bursary
- Awarded to students from NSW, ACT or Victoria who are blind or vision impaired who, for financial reasons, may not be able to fully participate in further education, providing adaptive technology to assist their studies.
- For more information, visit the Vision Australia website (opens in a new window)
- Wimdu is a leading online platform in the travel industry, providing private accommodation around the world.
- Available to students studying an undergraduate or masters degree in a field related to Business Administration, Travel or Tourism and valued at $2,000
- For more information, visit the Wimdu website(opens in a new window)
Young Carer Bursary Program
- This program is available to young undergraduate students who provide informal assistance, in terms of help or supervision, to an older person or someone who has a disability or a long-term health condition. This assistance must have been, or is likely to be, ongoing for at least six months
- Valued at $3,000 over a period defined by the organisation
- For more information, visit the Young Carer Bursary Programme website (opens in a new window)