Westpac Young Technologists Scholarship
$5,000 per year for up to three years, and access to an Enrichment Program which includes access to mentoring, internships, professional development and more to launch your technology career.
New and continuing students in their first year
- Bachelor of Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
- Bachelor of Information Systems
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Cyber Security and Behaviour
- Bachelor of Design and Technology
- Bachelor of Entrepreneurship (Game Design and Simulation)
- Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Design / Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Data Science
- Bachelor of Construction Technology
- Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents
- Applicants must be completing their HSC in 2020 or have completed their HSC in 2019 and taken a gap-year
- Applicants must be enrolling full-time in an approved STEM-related course, listed above
- Applicants must provide a personal statement outlining:
- Their passion for technology and learning
- Their desire to participate in their community, including being an active Westpac Scholars Alumni member
- Their adaptability and resilience
Westpac Scholars Trust
Supporting undergraduate students with a passion to bring about change through cutting-edge technology, the Westpac Young Technologists Scholarship (opens in a new window) aims to foster generations of innovators.
Westpac Young Technologists scholars will help strengthen Australia's pool of local talent and build a cohort of technology-literate future leaders.
Scholarship recipients become members of the Westpac Scholars Alumni program and gain access to ongoing networking, learning and development opportunities.
Applications and Selection Process
Applicants must provide a statement in support of their application indicating how they believe the receipt of the scholarship will assist them with their studies and in their future career. This statement should give a sufficient explanation of the applicant's background and current circumstances to enable the University to judge their eligibility, need and merit.
Successful applicants will be selected based on their written application, academic potential, their ability to meet the criteria and, where appropriate, performance in an interview before a selection panel.
Applications for this scholarship are now open and can be made through the Scholarship Application Portal.