School of Medicine Rural Scholarship
$10,000, per year for one year
- be commencing full time in the MD
- have lived in an Australian Statistical Geography Standard- Remoteness Area (ASGS-RA) of 2 to 5 for a minimum of 5 years consecutively or 10 cumulative years, commencing from the age of 5 to immediately prior to commencing the MD
- be able to demonstrate commitment to rural medicine
- be offered a position through the Rural Entry Admission Scheme (REAS) OR;
- be offered a position through the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander application pathway
Application and Selection Process
Students must have applied for a position for the Doctor of Medicine through the Rural Entry Admission Scheme (REAS) before applying. Students can then submit their application via the Applicant Portal.
Applicants must provide a personal statement demonstrating their commitment to rural medicine through past experiences and future aspirations.
Successful applicants will be selected based on their application, academic potential (based on applicant’s current GPA, ATAR results or previous work experience) and their ability to meet the criteria. Shortlisted applicants may be required to take part in an interview.
Applications for this scholarship are now closed.