Professor Kai Yip Cho Memorial Undergraduate Scholarship
$7,500 per year for the duration of the degree
New or continuing students
Any undergraduate degree that includes Biochemistry and/or Microbiology.
- be Australian citizens or permanent residents.
- be new or continuing students enrolled in an undergraduate degree at Western Sydney University that includes Biochemistry and/or Microbiology.
- be achieving a GPA of 5 or above or an ATAR of 85 and above.
- demonstrate financial disadvantage.
- complete the appropriate Application Form and submit the form to the Scholarships and Student Advancement Unit by the closing date.
Professor Kai Yip Cho
The Professor Kai Yip Cho Memorial Scholarship was first established in 2009 through a gift from Professor Cho’s family. Mrs Cho and her family created this scholarship to honour Professor Cho’s lifelong work and research in microbiology and mushrooms. Professor Cho’s academic legacy continues through this Scholarship at WSU. WSU is proud to support this scholarship through matching gifts with the Cho family.
(Jointly funded by the Cho Family Endowment Fund and Western Sydney University)
Applications and Selection Process
Applicants must provide a statement in support of their application indicating how they believe the scholarship will assist them with their studies and in their future career. This statement should give a sufficient explanation of the applicant's background and current circumstances to enable the University to judge their eligibility and merit.
Successful applicants will be selected based on their application, academic potential, (based on applicants current GPA, ATAR results or previous work experience) and their ability to meet the criteria. * Shortlisted applicants will be required to take part in an interview.
Contact Prof. Bill Price to discuss your eligibility, the scholarship requirements and your intention to apply.
Applications for this scholarship are now open. Apply now via our Online Application Portal (opens in a new window).