NSW Food Authority (Food Regulation Partnership) Scholarship in Environmental Health
$5,000 for one year
Any Environmental Health related degree
- be currently enrolled in either a Bachelor of Natural Science (Environment and Health)(opens in a new window) and completing the units 'Field Practice 1 and 2' or in a Bachelor of Science (Honours)
- demonstrate an interest in the Environmental Health Officer (EHO) career path
- be willing to undertake a food safety based project in the year in which they receive the scholarship
- The project is to be carried out with a NSW enforcement agency appointed under the NSW Food Act (eg - a local council)
- Arrangements for this will be negotiated with the recipient prior to the awarding of the scholarship
- Priority will be given to trainee EHOs in rural regions with a NSW council
- have achieved a high standard of academic performance in their university studies to date
NSW Food Authority
The NSW Food Authority is a state government agency established to provide New South Wales with the best food regulation system in Australia. As Australia’s first completely integrated or ‘through-chain’ food regulation agency, the NSW Food Authority is responsible for food safety across the entire industry, from primary production to point of sale.
The NSW Food Authority (Food Regulation Partnership) Scholarship in Environmental Health seeks to promote food surveillance careers and help to address the shortage of environmental health officers in the workforce. The scholarship aims to facilitate communication between enforcement agencies, tertiary institutions and the Food Authority, and to ensure students starting a career in environmental health have appropriate undergraduate training and network opportunities.
Application and Selection Process
Applicants must provide a statement in support of their application indicating how they believe the receipt of the scholarship will assist them with their studies and in their future career. This statement should give a sufficient explanation of the applicant's background and current circumstances to enable the University to judge their eligibility, need and merit.
Successful applicants will be selected based on their written application, academic potential, their ability to meet the criteria and, where appropriate, performance in an interview before a selection panel.
Applications for this scholarship are now closed.