Law Society of NSW Scholarship
$15,000 per year for one year
New and continuing students
Bachelor of Laws (Graduate Entry), Bachelor of Laws (Non-Graduate Entry) and all combined Bachelor of Laws programs
- be Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents
- be commencing study or currently enrolled full-time in any year of the Bachelor of Laws
- identify as Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
Law Society of NSW
The Law Society of NSW is guided by its mission to:
- Undertake activities and services determined by the needs and welfare of members
- Effectively represent the profession at government and community levels
- Ensure a competitive national profession
- Ensure the community is served by ethical, competent and independent legal practitioners
- Ensure the community has reasonable and affordable access to justice
- Advocate for ongoing reform of the law and the legal system
The society supports an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander scholarship in the School of Law.
Application and Selection Process
Applicants must provide a statement in support of their application indicating how they believe the receipt of the scholarship will assist them with their studies and in their future career. This statement should give a sufficient explanation of the applicant's background and current circumstances to enable the University to judge their eligibility, need and merit.
Successful applicants will be selected based on their written application, academic potential, their ability to meet the criteria and, where appropriate, performance in an interview before a selection panel.
Applications for this scholarship are now closed.