Hawkesbury City Council Scholarship
$5,000 per year for the duration of the degree
New students who are residents of the Hawkesbury local government area (LGA)
Any undergraduate degree at Hawkesbury Campus(opens in a new window)
- be Australian citizens or permanent residents
- be enrolled full-time in any degree on the Hawkesbury Campus(opens in a new window)
- have resided in the Hawkesbury LGA for at least one year prior to commencement of study at the University
- have completed their HSC within two years of commencement of study at the University and be under 20 years of age at the time of their application for the scholarship
- have attended a local high school in the Hawkesbury LGA or a selective high school outside of the area
- be enthusiastic ambassadors for the Hawkesbury and willing to take an active role in supporting their community through such opportunities as attendance at Council and other events and participation in relevant work experience
Applicants meeting the above criteria will be assessed and selected based on their academic results.
Hawkesbury City Council
Located in the upper reaches of the Hawkesbury River Valley, Hawkesbury City Council(opens in a new window) is the largest local government area in the Sydney metropolitan region, covering approximately 2,800 square kilometres. The area is located at the north-western edge of Sydney, with a backdrop of the Greater Blue Mountains.
Hawkesbury City Council is committed to promoting and supporting the educational aspirations of the region. The Hawkesbury City Council Scholarship seeks to encourage local young people to pursue further studies at their local University - the Hawkesbury campus.
Application and Selection Process
Applicants must provide a statement in support of their application indicating how they believe the receipt of the scholarship will assist them with their studies and in their future career. This statement should give a sufficient explanation of the applicant's background and current circumstances to enable the University to judge their eligibility, need and merit.
Successful applicants will be selected based on their written application, academic potential, their ability to meet the criteria and, where appropriate, performance in an interview before a selection panel.
Applications for this scholarship are now open for Autumn 2020. Apply now via our Online Application Portal.