Flavorite Horticultural Leadership Scholarship
$5,000 per year for one year only
- be Australian citizens or permanent residents
- be currently enrolled in their final year of the Bachelor of Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security
- demonstrate a strong academic record, with a GPA of 5 or above in their course
- demonstrate a willingness to engage with both the academic and the physical context of work in the horticulture industry
- be interested in and available to complete an intensive residential internship based in Victoria at the completion of their final year
Flavorite is Australia’s premier grower and marketer of flavoursome vine-ripened, glasshouse-grown produce which is stocked in major supermarkets across Australia and overseas. Established in 1994, Flavorite is a family-owned business that maintains its competitive edge through constant innovation. The farm is located in Warragul. It currently covers more than 32 hectares of protected undercover cropping and employs more than 350 people.
Flavorite produce is grown by a dedicated team of growers committed to the company vision: ‘To be an Australian family business growing high-quality fresh produce, focusing on flavour, innovation and sustainability.’
Applications and Selection Process
Applicants must provide a statement in support of their application indicating how they believe the receipt of the scholarship will assist them with their studies and in their future career. This statement should give a sufficient explanation of the applicant's background and current circumstances to enable the University to judge their eligibility, need and merit.
Successful applicants will be selected based on their written application, academic potential, their ability to meet the criteria and, where appropriate, performance in an interview before a selection panel.
Applications for this scholarship are now closed.