Fast Forward Academic Excellence Scholarship
$5,000 per year (or part-time equivalent)
Up to four years full-time (or part-time equivalent) for an undergraduate degree which may include Honours
Students participating in the Fast Forward program
Any undergraduate degree at Western Sydney University
- be Australian citizens or permanent residents
- apply for any undergraduate degree at the University in their top three preferences through Universities Admissions Centre (UAC)(opens in a new window) by close of Change of Preferences on 6 January 2019
- have been actively involved in the Fast Forward Program throughout high school including attending opportunities provided by the program
- demonstrate academic potential by achieving an ATAR of 80 or above
- demonstrate a commitment to the aims and values of the Fast Forward program
Fast Forward Program
Fast Forward is a partnership between schools in the Western Sydney region and the University. The program encourages high school students and their families to see tertiary study as a realistic and viable post school option and raises participants' aspirations for the future. The program aims to increase the higher education participation rates of students in the West by enhancing students' knowledge, skills and educational attainment. The Fast Forward program gives students a greater preparedness for participation and success in higher education. For more information, visit the Fast Forward web page(opens in a new window).
Applications and Selection Process
Applicants must provide a statement in support of their application indicating how they believe the receipt of the scholarship will assist them with their studies and in their future career. A personal statement should give a sufficient explanation of the applicant's background and current circumstances to enable the University to judge their eligibility, need and merit for any scholarship.
Additional to this, Fast Forward applicants are encouraged to add a further statement which should outline their involvement in the Fast Forward program, how it has assisted them and ways in which they can help the program in the future. They should also detail any extra-curricular activities they have been involved in and are encouraged to include the following documents with their application
- Proof of Citizenship/permanent resident status
- Documents demonstrating involvement in the Fast Forward Program throughout high school e.g. Fast Forward certificate - upload to Fast Forward Scholarship Support 1
- A written referee report or testimonial from a teacher or other relevant person via reference from a school teacher - upload to reference from a school teacher
- Any other supporting documentation e.g. certificates of achievement of participation, copies of major awards or prizes - upload to Fast Forward Scholarship support 2 (optional)
Successful applicants will be selected by the Fast Forward team based on their written application, academic potential and their ability to meet the criteria.
Applications for this scholarship are now open. Apply now via our Online Application Portal (opens in a new window).