- Future Now | Securing Digital Success 2018-2020
- IT maintenance planned outages
- IT Service Desk
- Email and Related Services
- Western WiFi Wireless Network
- IT Contracts
- Computer Laboratories
- Australian Access Federation
- IT Finance and Procurement
- Service Improvements
- Staff Software Benefits
- Cyber Security
- COVID-19: ITDS Advice, Guides and Support
- Getting Connected: Off Campus
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- Return to Campus: Ready, Tech, Go
- Adobe Acrobat Sign
- Direct to Desk
- Windows 10 Upgrade 2022
- Grade Centre
- OpenVPN Phase-Out
***Please note: this message is only for specific staff and students who are current users of the SSTaRS OpenVPN.***
As of 25th November 2022, the Schools Specialist Teaching and Research Support (SSTaRS) / CDMS OpenVPN Service will be phased out and will no longer be accessible to staff or students.
If you are an existing service user, you will receive a notification about the service phase-out with directions on what to do next.
Staff will have the option of using the SonicWall VPN as an alternative service. Please note that only Information Technology and Digital Services (ITDS) staff will have automatic access to SonicWall. Other staff will need to request access and approval will be granted on a case-by-case basis.
Both staff and students can use the SSTaRS Virtual Teaching Platform for remote access to teaching and learning (the link redirects you to Knowledge Base Article KB0017409).
Please ensure that you discontinue the use of OpenVPN as soon as possible.
- Staff can log a request using the WesternNow IT Portal to get access to the SonicWall VPN. Approval will be granted on a case-by-case basis unless you are a member of ITDS, in which case you will be granted automatic access. Please note: requests may take up to 5 business days to complete, which is the standard for most of our forms.
- Please note in the request that VPN access is required because the OpenVPN service has/will be retired. Staff using a non-Western Sydney University device may be rejected.
- Staff can also use the SSTaRS Virtual Teaching Platform.
- Remote access is now only available via the SSTaRS Virtual Teaching Platform. Access to this platform only requires a browser and does not require a VPN.
Disruption to your day-to-day work will be minimal, but if you have any concerns, please contact the IT Service Desk.