- Immersive Futures Forum
- IT maintenance planned outages
- IT Service Desk
- Email and Related Services
- Western WiFi Wireless Network
- IT Contracts
- Computer Laboratories
- Computer Equipment
- Australian Access Federation
- IT Finance and Procurement
- Service Improvements
- Zoom Videoconferencing
- Staff Software Benefits
- Cyber Security
Welcome to our Service Improvements page .
Our Service Improvements Program supports Future Now - the ITDS Strategic Plan, (opens in a new window) which in turn supports Securing Success, 2015 - 2020, the University's Strategic Plan, and is based on the principle of continual improvement.
On these pages we will showcase key projects that will enhance your experience studying and working at Western Sydney University. We will update these pages as ITDS implements significant service improvements, so be sure to return for the latest information.
Student Management System Project (SMS2016)
This project involves the selection, installation and delivery of a new system that manages the full lifecycle of students at Western Sydney University, including application, enrolment, course progression and graduation.
Please visit the SMS2016 project page (opens in a new window) for more information and to register for updates about the project.
Virtual Face to Face (VF2F) Project
Don't you wish that you could:
- Teach online, in real time, from almost anywhere
- Allow students to share content from their tablets to a big screen
- Engage, participate and collaborate in meetings and classes from on or off campus
- Have your classes available online in real time for those that couldn't make the session
- Search and view lessons from all University courses, anytime, anywhere?
The Virtual face to Face Project (VF2F) is working to enable teaching that seamlessly extends from one location to any other, and is both captured and managed for re-use. The project promises to trial and prove exciting and innovative uses of modern teaching technology for connecting people and spaces in real time, and to showcase these via the new 1 Parramatta Square campus and across the University.
Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) Project
- The CRM project continues, however, the web pages relating to the project are undergoing review and are no longer available. This project is about implementing a University-wide Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) system and consolidating many of the disparate CRM applications that exist within the University today. Some units are already using the new CRM system with great success.