- IT maintenance planned outages
- IT Service Desk
- Email and Related Services
- Western WiFi Wireless Network
- IT Contracts
- Computer Laboratories
- Computer Equipment
- Australian Access Federation
- IT Finance and Procurement
- Service Improvements
- Zoom Videoconferencing
- Staff Software Benefits
- Cyber Security
Welcome to our Service Improvements page .
Our Service Improvements Program supports Future Now - the ITDS Strategic Plan, (opens in a new window) which in turn supports Securing Success, 2015 - 2020, the University's Strategic Plan, and is based on the principle of continual improvement.
On these pages we will showcase key projects that will enhance your experience studying and working at Western Sydney University. We will update these pages as ITDS implements significant service improvements, so be sure to return for the latest information.
Student Management System Project (SMS2016)
This project involves the selection, installation and delivery of a new system that manages the full lifecycle of students at Western Sydney University, including application, enrolment, course progression and graduation.
Please visit the SMS2016 project page (opens in a new window) for more information and to register for updates about the project.
The University currently purchases (or leases), maintains, manages and supports its own computer hardware. A team of operational staff are engaged to build, install and ensure the ongoing operation and optimisation of the University digital services. As the digital environment rapidly advances it is becoming increasingly challenging to meet the ever-accelerating appetite of users in a timely and cost effective manner.
To support the University’s goal of being a student centric and globally renowned innovative and exciting organisation at the forefront of technology use in all areas of scholarly activity, ITDS seeks to transform the way it delivers infrastructure services.
The Atlas program has been initiated as a capability and enablement project to improve the alignment of ITDS with its strategic objectives. This will address The University’s appetite to be future ready along with a number of other benefits. This program is expected to deliver a Managed Private Cloud platform solution for the University in enabling and realising those benefits.
Please visit the Atlas Program Page (opens in a new window) for more information and to register for updates about the project.
Virtual Face to Face (VF2F) Project
Don't you wish that you could:
- Teach online, in real time, from almost anywhere
- Allow students to share content from their tablets to a big screen
- Engage, participate and collaborate in meetings and classes from on or off campus
- Have your classes available online in real time for those that couldn't make the session
- Search and view lessons from all University courses, anytime, anywhere?
The Virtual face to Face Project (VF2F) is working to enable teaching that seamlessly extends from one location to any other, and is both captured and managed for re-use. The project promises to trial and prove exciting and innovative uses of modern teaching technology for connecting people and spaces in real time, and to showcase these via the new 1 Parramatta Square campus and across the University.
Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) Project
- The CRM project continues, however, the web pages relating to the project are undergoing review and are no longer available. This project is about implementing a University-wide Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) system and consolidating many of the disparate CRM applications that exist within the University today. Some units are already using the new CRM system with great success.