ICOG Seminar & Conference
- ICOG arranged seminar on ‘Major opportunities and constrains of blue economy in Bangladesh’ on 05 March 2018. The theme paper was presented by Dr M Golam Hussain, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Bangladesh. The participants contributed in an active discussion on the different aspects of Blue Economy in Bangladesh.
- ICOG jointly with Institute for Culture and Society (ICS) and School of Law arranged Western Sydney University International Seminar: Sustainable Ocean Governance on 6th June 2018. The Seminar Speakers from different Institutions and countries discussed the different problems and challenges for sustainable ocean governance in the contemporary world. The Speakers of the Seminar were: Professor Steven Freeland, Dean, School of Law, Western Sydney university; Prof Sanjay Chaturvedi (Panjab University, India) with expertise on Indian Ocean, Antarctica, India, Bangladesh; Prof Alan Hemmings (University of Canterbury, NZ) with expertise on Antarctica, Southern Ocean and ABNJs; Prof Lyn Goldsworthy AM – Executive Director, The Fenner Foundation (Canberra), Order of Australia (Member) for services to conservation and environment in 1991, for Antarctic protection and ocean conservation; Professor Paul James, Director, Institute for Culture and Society, WSU; Prof Donna Craig, Deputy Director of ICOG; Associate Professor Daud Hassan, Director of ICOG and Associate Professor Juan Francisco Salazar, Research Director, ICS.
- Seminar on ‘Mapping Human Rights, Development and Environment: A Case Study of India’ was held on 31 July 2018. Dr B. Jagannatham, Assistant Professor, Centre for Gandhian Thought and Peace Studies, School of Social Sciences, Central University of Gujarat, Gandhinagar, India was the keynote speaker. The Seminar focused on human rights problems in different parts of India.
ICOG Participation and Collaboration
- Associate Professor Daud Hassan, Director of ICOG participated in International Conference on Ocean Governance in South Asian Region, held in August 2018 in South Korea.
- Associate Professor Daud Hassan, Director of ICOG has been awarded Essex University (United Kingdom) International Visiting Fellowship to undertake a collaborative research in marine and coastal resources management. Essex University is one of our partner institutes in Europe.
- Associate Professor Daud Hassan, Director of ICOG has been awarded Wageningen University (Netherlands) research grant to undertake a collaborative research in sustainable ocean governance.
- Associate Professor Daud Hassan, Director of ICOG was invited as a Session Speaker in ‘International Workshop on underwater Cultural Heritage’ held in October 2018 in Turkey.
- Associate Professor Daud Hassan, Director of ICOG has been invited to chair in International Seminar in Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Maritime University, Bangladesh.
School of Law
Western Sydney University
Parramatta, NSW 2151, Australia.
ICOG, School of Law, Western Sydney University
Locked Bag 1797
Penrith NSW 2751