Our students enjoy the best facilities and technology on offer. Our facilities are purpose-built for the needs of music, communications, interpreting, language, media and design students.
AGDA award winning fourth year professional student design studio 'Rabbit Hole'. This studio services a range of internal and external clients, local bodies and community organisations, Western Sydney Public Transport Users, RMIT University, The Dept of Music, Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre and Western Sydney University Equity & Diversity.
The 'Rabbit Hole' studio is unique as it gives students the opportunity to work on 'real life' industry projects. Students are required to develop, through directed and focused research, a response to a given creative brief from the client as a 'junior designer.' A number of briefs are offered each semester and each student is allocated a role, based on their existing expertise and areas of interest in working with specific media and communication fields.
Katrina Sandbach, 2011 recipient of the prestigious Western Sydney University Vice-Chancellor's Excellence in Teaching Award for spearheading a situated and engaged learning experience 'down the Rabbit Hole', is the program coordinator for the award-winning design space. For more information including upcoming and recent events, please visit the 'Rabbit Hole' site.
- High Definition Television Studio: Grass Valley LDX Series Cameras with Teleprompters, Vinten Osprey Pedestals, Yamaha DM1000 Audio Desk, LSC-VX20 Lighting Control, Ross Carbonite Xtreme Switcher, Xpression Prime Graphics, KiPro SSD Players/Recorders, 10GE Media LAN to Edit Suites/VT Rooms, Green Screen Cyclorama.
- Outside Broadcast Van: 6 Sony Standard Definition Cameras, Slate Vision Switcher and a 16 channel Audio Desk. Diesel powered Generator.
- Post production facilities: Edit suites with 10GE connections to Media Storage
- Large Screening room with Screen projection with 5:1 surround sound and large rear screen HDTV.
- Green room with meeting space and screening facilities.
- Portable field work: Fully equipped store for borrowing video and audio location equipment.
Please email Tvstudio@westernsydney.edu.au with any enquiries
- Video editing and sound suites.
- Radio lab.
- Digital equipment for video and sound recording.
- Six generous studio spaces including a seven meter wide cyclorama.
- An extensive range of professional studio flash equipment and accessories.
- A large range of current HD and DSLR cameras, flashes and lenses for loan to students.
- The digital photo laboratory includes a full range of digital design and production software.
- Digital print and scanning facilities are also available, including an Epson 9900 large format printer. Print services are made available via the intranet.
- Students have access to a high output colour laser printer, chargeable to student cards.
- Browser based equipment and studio booking system.
- A large range of camera and professional lighting equipment is available to loan off campus.
The Music facilities include two professional multitrack recording studios with the latest digital audio technologies, including ProTools, Ableton Live, Logic Pro, Waves plug-ins, and high quality microphones and outboard audio processing. The studios are connected to a variety of purpose-built, acoustically-designed spaces, allowing for large scale isolated recording.
Three audio post-production studios are equipped with 5.1 surround monitoring, allowing for the mixing of audiovisual material in Dolby Digital and surround formats for cinema and DVD applications. Supplementing the studios are two multi-station Apple computer labs with the latest audio, sequencing, synthesiser and music scoring applications.
The Golden Stave Music Therapy Centre, located on the University campus at Kingswood.
- Apple computer labs, configured for full range of digital design and production including Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro and After Effects.
- PC computers for cross-platform production.
- PC computer labs, configured with Sanako linguistic software.
- Professional-grade Sanako headsets.
- Fully-equipped conference interpreting room.