Fiona Koller is a technical assistant working within the ARC Centre of Excellence for Translational Photosynthesis. She is based at the Western Sydney University node and works with the molecular plant
physiology laboratory at the HIE. She provides support for a research group led by Dr Ghannoum investigating various aspects of photosynthesis in higher plants.
Fiona joined the HIE in 2014 after completing her BBiotech with Hons at the University of Newcastle, Australia. Her thesis explored the role of miRNA in the regulation of transfer cell development in Vicia faba and Arabidopsis.
- Manages the daily operation of the molecular plant physiology laboratory, including the operation of a range of scientific instruments.
- Participates in experimental work investigating photosynthesis including measurements of leaf gas exchange, enzyme activity, protein expression and gene expression.
- Assists in the culture, maintenance and measurement of plants in controlled environments.
- Collects, prepares and processes biological samples for analysis and archiving.
- Assists in data entry, management and analysis using computer-based software.