Program Completion Letter
A program completion letter is a letter that confirms you have completed all the program requirements and are eligible to graduate (pending approval from the University), or that you have already graduated.
You are only eligible for a program completion letter if you have met all the program requirements and have no fees outstanding or holds/encumbrances on your student record.
If you are not eligible, your order will be put on hold and checked periodically for completion.
Academic documents are available to be ordered via the Academic Document ordering system.
NOTE: We do not produce completion letters for WSUIC, Foundation Studies, Undergraduate Preparation Programs, English Language programs or bridging programs - please contact to your administration directly.
What information will be included in the program completion letter?
All standard program completion letters will include the following information:
- Student name
- Student ID
- Course code
- Award title
- Campus Location
- CRICOS code (for international students only)
- Course requirement met date – when student records were completed on Western Sydney University systems
- Session start date – start of course as per the official Western Sydney University academic dateline
- Session end date – end of course as per University academic dateline
- Conferral date (for graduated students) – official graduation date
- Part time/full time student
- Campus Location
- Language in which the course was delivered (English only)
What are the different types of program completion letters?
- Domestic student course completion letter
- International student course completion letter
- Graduated students course completion letter
- NESA approved completion letter for Master of Teaching students only who have completed the full award only. This letter is not available for early exit Master of Teaching programs or for any Pathway to Teaching programs - this letter is only available as a combined letter package which will include the standard program completion letter and the NESA approved program completion letter for Master of Teaching.
- Program completion letters for Pathway to Teaching programs are not valid, these programs you will be required to supply a copy of your Testamur once you have been conferred - no other document is acceptable. This is a requirement by NESA/DEC.
Why do I need a Program Completion letter?
A Program completion letter may be required by an external organisation to confirm a student has graduated or completed the necessary requirements to finish their degree and is eligible to graduate pending final approval from the School Academic Committee.
Students need program completion letters for reasons such as:
- To provide evidence of completed qualification to prospective employers while waiting for graduation
- To meet admission requirements at other educational institutions
- To meet immigration requirements
Program completion letters are not required unless you have a request for one from an external organisation
When should I order a Program completion letter?
If you are a current student, please check your program completion status in Degree Works.
If your status is incomplete this may be due to you finishing your program contrary to program rules (ie some subjects you have completed are outside the standard subject pattern). If you believe you have completed all requirements, please contact your Academic Program Advisor.
Master of Teaching Students
NESA approved completion letters are for Master of Teaching students only who have completed the full award only. This letter is not available for any student who has taken the early exit from the Master of Teaching program. This letter is also not valid for any student completing a Pathway to Teaching program. This letter is only available as a combined letter package which will include the standard program completion letter and the NESA approved program completion letter for Master of Teaching.
Program completion letters for Pathway to Teaching programs are not valid, for these programs you will be required to supply a copy of your Testamur once you have been conferred. NESA will only accept documents with a conferral date which is only available once your award has been conferred. You will need to provide a copy of your Testamur. This is a requirement by NESA/DEC.
As a result, we do not have any documents that will fulfill their requirements until you have graduated and have received your graduation documents. We apologise for any inconvenience.
For information on processing/delivery times please refer to the academic document terms and conditions.