Course completion letter
A course completion letter is a letter that may be required by an external organisation to confirm a student has graduated or completed the necessary requirements to finish their degree and is eligible to graduate pending final approval from the School Academic Committee.
Hard Copy Documents will be available again from Tuesday, 14 July - Please ensure you order these early and allow ample time for processing and delivery. Documents will only be posted once a week due to the limited access onto campus and limited postal service, please allow a minimum 2 weeks for delivery. No priority processing is available.
Students need course completion letters for reasons such as:
- To provide evidence of completed qualification to prospective employers while waiting for graduation
- To meet admission requirements at other educational institutions
- To meet immigration requirements
Course completion letters are not required unless you have a request for one from an external organisation.
An external organisation has requested I provide a course completion letter, am I eligible to apply for one?
What information will be included in the course completion letter?
All course completion letters will include the following information:
- Course requirement met date – when student records were completed on Western Sydney University systems
- Session start date – start of course as per the official Western Sydney University academic dateline
- Session end date – end of course as per University academic dateline
- Conferral date (for graduated students) – official graduation date
- Part time/full time student
- Campus Location
- Language in which the course was delivered (English only)
- Student details such as:
- Student name
- Student ID
- Course code
- Award title
- Campus Location
- CRICOS code (for international students only)
What are the different types of course completion letters?
- Domestic student course completion letter
- International student course completion letter
- Graduated students course completion letter
How much does a course completion letter cost?
A course completion letter costs $35 for postage within Australia and $50 for postage outside Australia.
Please note: this is a non-refundable fee.
Processing and delivery
Processing of your course completion letter is dependent on the time is takes to assess your application. Timing may vary based on circumstances.
Assessment may take:
- three weeks or more if you order your letter before your final results release
- approximately 10 working days if you order your letter after your final results release
- approximately 7 working days if you order your letter after you have already graduated
We endeavour to process your course completion letter as quickly as possible.
Your document will be sent via either Registered Post (if your postal address is within Australia) or EMS Courier (if your postal address is outside Australia). We will send it to the address you provide when ordering the document and you will need to be present at that address to sign for the delivery.
Please allow at least five to ten business days for delivery. Overseas destinations may take longer.
How do I apply for a course completion letter?
If you are you near to completing your course and would like a course completion letter you will need to;
1. Make payment through the academic document ordering system (opens in a new window)
2. Apply to graduate through MySR (opens in a new window)
Once payment is received, your student record will be sent to the school for assessment. Course completion letters can only be issued once your final results are released and your completion status has been confirmed by your School.
Have you already graduated?
As your record has already been assessed, you only need to make payment through the academic document ordering system (opens in new window). You should receive your letter within 7 working days.
How to pay for a course completion letter
First time users
If this is your first time using the new ordering system, you will need to create a user account.Go to the academic document ordering system (opens in a new window).
Select 'Create Account' on the right side of the screen and enter the required information including your:
- student ID number (if you are a former student and have forgotten your student ID number, please contact Student Central on 1300 668 370)
- date of birth
- last name (family name) – this must be the name you used when you enrolled at the University
- your first name (given name) – this must be the name you used when you enrolled at the University
A confirmation email will be sent to your email address once you have registered successfully. Once your account is created you will be able to make orders online and track the status of your orders.
Placing an order
Log in to the academic document ordering system (opens in a new window) using your account details as per the above.Once you have logged in, you will see the following information:
- terms and conditions
- documents available to order
- ordering your documents at the right time
- payment details
- delivery times and delays
Step 1: Accept the terms and conditions
You have to accept the terms and conditions before you can place an order.
Step 2: Select document/s and order details The next screen is the 'Select Documents' page.
Choose which document you want to order by clicking on the document thumbnail or the document description.
You will then see the 'Order Details' page.
Read the product summary carefully to make sure you are ordering the right document.
Depending on the document selected, you will need to enter the details of the order including your address, recipient details and course details.
Click the 'Continue' button when you have finished.
Step 3: provide consent
Read the 'Provide Consent' page carefully as you need to consent to the release of your information.
Step 4: payment
On the 'Payment' page, you can review your billing details and change them if necessary.
Once they're correct, click 'Next'.
Step 5: review order and finalise The 'Review Order' page will ask you to confirm the details of your order. This is the last chance you have to review your order before making payment, so check all the details carefully.
Once you've confirmed your order is correct, you will automatically be taken to OneStop. This is where you enter your credit card details and finalise your payment.
Please take note of your order number, which will display once the order has been processed.