Academic transcript/record

Do you need documents sent to an external body like DEC, AHPRA, UAC or QTAC? Check the Graduation Documents FAQ page for more information.

What is an academic transcript/record?

An academic transcript is the formal written record of all units and courses undertaken at Western Sydney University or The College (Diploma students only). An academic record is the formal written record of results achieved in all enrolled units in a foundation studies course undertaken at The College.

How much does an academic transcript/record cost?

An electronic academic transcript/record costs $15.
A hard copy (paper) academic transcript/record costs $35 for postage within Australia and $50 for postage outside Australia.

Refunds for hard copy documents incur an administration fee, which will be deducted from your refund (if applicable).

If you wish to request a refund of your order please complete the ‘Graduation refund form’ at

Processing and delivery

Hard copy academic transcript/record: your order will take two business days to process.
Your document will be sent via either Registered Post (if your postal address is within Australia) or EMS Courier (if your postal address is outside Australia). We will send it to the address you provide when ordering the document and you will need to be present at that address to sign for the delivery.

Please allow at least five to ten business days for delivery. Overseas destinations may take longer.

Personal collection, faxing and emailing is not possible for paper documents.

Electronic academic transcript/record: your document will be sent via a secure document email delivery system. Your order will normally be completed and delivered within 24 hours.

If you need your electronic document to be sent directly to an external institution please enter the name and address of the intended recipient in the appropriate fields when you make your order online (please do not send directly to DEC).

How do I order my academic records?

First time users

If this is your first time using the ordering system, you will need to create a user account.

Go to the academic document ordering system (opens in a new window).
Select 'Create Account' on the right side of the screen and enter the required information including your:

  • student ID number (if you are a former student and have forgotten your student ID number, please contact Student Central on 1300 668 3701300 668 370)
  • date of birth
  • last name (family name) – this must be the name you used when you enrolled at the University
  • your first name (given name) – this must be the name you used when you enrolled at the University

A confirmation email will be sent to your email address once you have registered successfully. Once your account is created you will be able to make orders online and track the status of your orders.

Placing an order

Login to the academic document ordering system (opens in a new window) using your account details as per the above. Once you have logged in, you will see the following information:

  • terms and conditions
  • documents available to order
  • ordering your documents at the right time
  • payment details
  • delivery times and delays

Step 1: Accept the terms and conditions
You have to accept the terms and conditions before you can place an order.

Step 2: Select document/s and order details
The next screen is the 'Select Documents' page.
Choose which document you want to order by clicking on the document thumbnail or the document description.

You will then see the 'Order Details' page.
Read the product summary carefully to make sure you are ordering the right document.

Depending on the document selected, you will need to enter the details of the order including your address, recipient details and course details.

Click the 'Continue' button when you have finished.

Step 3: provide consent
Read the 'Provide Consent' page carefully as you need to consent to the release of your information.

Step 4: payment
On the 'Payment' page, you can review your billing details and change them if necessary. Once they're correct, click 'Next'.

Step 5: review order and finalise
The 'Review Order' page will ask you to confirm the details of your order. This is the last chance you have to review your order before making payment, so check all the details carefully.

Once you've confirmed your order is correct, you will automatically be taken to Onestop. This is where you enter your credit card details and finalise your payment.

Please take note of your order number, which will display once the order has been processed.