Programs and Fees

Do you want to study for one semester session or two semester sessions?

Need some extra English language tuition before you start your studies?

Find the program that's right for you at Western Sydney University.

Student Exchange

An exchange student is a student who is selected by his or her home university to study at a partner university for one or two semester sessions based on an official exchange agreement between the two universities. Exchange students pay the normal fees to their home university while studying at a host university. The student's completed study then credits back to his or her home university.

If you are enrolled at a university that has a formal exchange agreement with Western Sydney University you may be eligible to apply to study as an exchange student.

Study Abroad

A study abroad student is a student who enrols for one or two sessions of study at a host university, but usually pays tuition to a host university. The student's completed study then credits their study back to their home institution.

Study abroad students generally come from universities that do not have official exchange agreements with host universities. However, because of quotas restricting the number of exchange places offered each semester session, it is possible that a student from an exchange partner institution may need to enrol as a study abroad student.

At Western Sydney University, the study abroad program for students from non-partner universities or partner universities over-quota is extremely competitively priced - and one of the most affordable university study abroad programs in Australia. Study abroad student fees are AUD $6,600 per session (3 units) or AUD $8,800 per session (4 units).

Exchange/Study Abroad and English language study

Western Sydney University, through its English language partner institution, The College, offers preliminary or concurrent English language tuition. This option is suited to students who do not quite meet the Western Sydney University English language requirements. See English language study for further information.