Before you arrive
Here are steps to help you prepare to study at Western Sydney University:
- Check the outcome of your application, which will be sent to your designated email that you used as part of your application
- Accept your letter of offer by following all instructions included, but ensuring you read the Western Sydney University International Student Fees and Refund Agreement, including paying any fees that are listed
- Wait for your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) to be issued to you, which is what you will need to start your Australian student visa application
- Arrange Overseas Student Health Cover (if you indicated that you would like to organise this yourself)
- Apply for your student visa (once you receive your eCOE)
- Investigate accommodation options
- If required, apply for airport pick-up
- Find out cost of living and plan your budget
- Get to know your destination – beautiful Sydney
What is OSHC?
Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is compulsory for everyone holding an Australian student visa. You will need to purchase OSHC for the proposed duration of your student visa and include this payment with your tuition fees when accepting an offer of study at Western Sydney University.
Students from Belgium, Norway and Sweden may not be required to take out OSHC if covered by their own country's scheme.
How do I apply for an Australian student visa?
If you are coming to us as an exchange or study abroad student, you must obtain an Australian student visa (subclass 500) before you come to study in Australia - there are no exceptions or alternative visas. The Australian Embassy or diplomatic post that services your home country will have information and advice available to you, and you can also visit the website of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection. (opens in a new window)
Please note, you cannot apply for an Australian student visa until the University has issued you with an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) - which we provide once you have formally accepted your letter of offer and paid any applicable fees.
Western Sydney University offers an International Orientation program for exchange and study abroad students approximately 10 days prior to the start of classes. Please ensure you check your letter of offer for details about the Orientation program and make sure you arrive in Australia at least one to two days beforehand.
For more information, please visit important dates.
How do I enrol?
You will receive your login for the system and instructions with the online Study Abroad and Exchange Offer Pack that will be provided to you with your letter of offer.