Overseas Opportunities for Students from the University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City (UEH)
These student mobility opportunities are for University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City (UEH) students who come to Australia to complete their degree.
- Academic credit - these programs are typically 2-3 weeks and are valued at 10 credit points
- $500 Student Mobility Travel Grants are available
- English is the medium of instruction
1. How do I participate?
STEP 1: Find out if you eligible to receive academic recognition
- To receive academic credit for your overseas experience, talk to your Academic Course Advisor about credit arrangements and how it fits best with your course structure. Further information about units/subjects for you degree can be found on the Western Sydney University course and unit Handbook or discussing further with your Academic Course Advisor.
- Note: at this point you are not required to apply for Academic Approval – that comes after you provide detailed information about the program. To apply for academic approval, see STEP 3.
STEP 2: Find a suitable opportunity below
- Research an opportunity in Section 2 below and submit an Expression of Interest to Western Sydney International at least 3 months prior to commencement.
STEP 3: Apply for Academic Approval
- This step can be concurrent with STEP 2 above
- To receive recognition for your overseas experience, it is important that you seek advice from your Academic Course Advisor and apply for academic approval at least 3 months prior to commencement
- use the credit approval for exchange
STEP 4: Complete the Online Pre-Departure Tutorial
- Download the Before I Go (BIG) Checklist and complete the Online Pre-Departure Tutorial & Quiz
- All students that have completed STEP 7 Confirmation of Overseas Travel below, will be invited to attend a pre-departure information session offered by the International Office
STEP 5: Receive an Overseas Acceptance Letter
- To continue with the steps below, you will require an acceptance letter from the overseas university.
- An acceptance letter usually includes:
- Your full name
- The program of participation
- The dates of participation
- The overseas university or provider letter head or logo
- The overseas university or provider contact details
- To find out more about when you will be receiving the Overseas Acceptance Letter, contact the overseas university
STEP 6: Apply for a Travel Grant
- As soon as you have completed the Online Pre-Departure Tutorial (STEP 4) and received an Overseas Acceptance Letter (STEP 5) from an overseas university or provider, you may be eligible to apply for a Travel Grant.
- To apply for a Grant or Scholarship, you are required to complete the Confirmation of Travel (COT) below.
STEP 7: Submit the Confirmation of Overseas Travel (COT)
- Before heading overseas, you are required to:
- 1.Complete the Online Pre-Departure Tutorial (see STEP 4)
- 2. Register your overseas travel by submitting the Confirmation of Overseas Travel (COT).
- The COT is an important multi-purpose form that:
- Records a student’s overseas activity and provides information for university insurance
- Creates a profile on University Travel Management System
- Allows some students to apply for a Grant or Scholarship (conditions apply)
- Generates an Official Confirmation email from Western Sydney University that can used for Centrelink, visas, or other purposes.
- Find out more about the Confirmation of Overseas Travel (COT)
STEP 8: Email your e-ticket to the University Travel Management System
- The University Travel Management System (TEMS):
- Confirms your participation in overseas activity with University insurer
- Sends important safety and security updates about the countries you are visiting
- Group Travel Bookings
- If a School or University department has booked your flights, they will also register you on the university's Travel Management System (TEMS). You should receive important safety and security updates about the countries you are visiting.
- Independent Travel Bookings
- If you have booked your flight independently, Western Sydney University may not recognise your overseas activity until you have provided the Travel Management System (TEMS) with an e-ticket/itinerary.
- After completing the COT, the Western Sydney University Go Global team will process your COT and register you on the university's Travel Management System (TEMS) - this will occur at least 2 weeks after the 15th of the month processing date - please be patient!
- You will be sent a confirmation email requesting that the following steps are completed in order:
- Login to TEMS and update your profile - see helpful instructions
- Email your e-ticket/itinerary to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The email must be from your student email address. The system will only recognise Western Sydney University email
- Leave the subject line blank
- Leave the body of the email blank (remove any signatures)
- The email must contain only one pdf attachment of a booking confirmation sent from the Hotel or airline i.e. (e-ticket)
- Monitor your student email whilst travelling for alerts from email@example.com or important updates.
To apply for the following opportunities, please follow the steps above and submit an Expression of Interest to Western Sydney International at least 3 months prior to commencement.
JULY (Mid-Year break)
Undergrad and Postgrad
Large number of business units and other
Hong Kong Baptist University
Large number of business units and other
Small number of business units and other
National Central University
Language and cultural studies only. Includes free accommodation
JANUARY (End-of-Year break)
Available January. Small number of business units
Available Dec, Jan, and February. Small number of business units and other
Feel free to contact the partner organisation and asks questions about your potential experience. If you would like to discuss an opportunity with a member of staff at Western Sydney University , please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Book a Consultation (face-to-face or via phone).