Summer School in Mannheim, Germany
Three week Summer School program at University of Mannheim!
- Dates: 20 June to 11 July 2020
- Applications close: 5 April 2020
- Destination: Mannheim, Germany
- University: University of Mannheim
- Program fee: EU €250
- Accommodation Cost: from EU €295 to EU €450
- Eligible students participating in this program will receive an AUD $500 Scholarship from Go Global
- Eligible students can receive OS-HELP up to AUD $6913
- Available for students studying arts and humanities, and international cultural studies
- Credits: one unit at University of Mannheim is 6 ECTS. Students can take one or two units and gain credit for one or two units at Western
- All courses taught in English
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
This intensive summer study abroad program is available to students interested in exploring and discussing current trends in various fields of the Humanities. Classes are taught by professors from all over the world giving their international and expert advice and knowledge on the various topics.
This opportunity offers Western students a chance to gain credit for one (or two) subjects taught over a full-time basis over the course of three weeks, all the while gaining international exposure.
- Explore the beauty of Mannheim's modern and creative arts scene and visit nearby cities and destinations, only 30 minutes away by train!
- Students will develop a deeper understanding of German culture, language and history.
- Students will have the option to live in student dorms near the University. This allows students to interact with local students and to have easy access to the facilities of the University.
- CLICK HERE for information on accommodation facilities offered by University of Mannheim.
- The cost of studying a semester exchange in Germany can be funded through Financial Assistance Opportunities such as an OS-HELP loan of AUD $6913 (terms and conditions apply), along with an AUD $500 scholarship from Go Global.
- You may be eligible for OS-HELP, an Australian Government loan used to help Australian students undertake part of their course overseas. Visit the OS-HELP page for additional information and check the eligibility criteria.
Conditions of Participation
- Western Sydney University is committed to demonstrating high standards of personal and professional conduct at all times. When participating in an overseas program, students must assume certain obligations to Western Sydney University (WS), the prospective country, overseas provider, and other participants in a program. See Conditions of Participation in an Overseas Program.
- The university reserves the right to vary program fees in the event of changes in exchange rates or price rises made by partners or other suppliers. If the cost of any service increases due to exchange rate fluctuations, price increases, tax changes or any other reason, participants are required to pay the increase when notified or may cancel a program which may result in cancellation fees.
Apply before 5 April 2020
- Establish eligibility for semester exchange studies.
- Submit the Western Sydney University Go Global Program application by the required deadline: