Project-based Learning in Germany
$5000 Endeavour Mobility Grant available to study in Germany
- Dates: July - November 2020
- Destination: Germany
- Eligible students participating in this program will receive a $5000 Endeavour Mobility grant
- Eligible students can receive OS-HELP up to $6913
- Available for a variety of disciplines
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
This semester exchange will provide Western Sydney University students with an opportunity to attend a project-based learning program in Germany.
You will work in groups on a real-life case (problem identification and solving) for a selected client whilst engaging in research activities and applying strategic management tools.
Such experiences will build your employability and networking skills in an international setting, making you job ready and helping you grow on a personal level as well. International project-based learning can enhance your employability both locally and internationally.
This experience meets the aims of the strategic priorities of the University by fostering work-ready graduates with international experience. This program also aims to develop long-lasting links between both countries.
- Explore Germany and other destinations in Europe while on exchange.
- Students will develop a deeper understanding of the German culture, language and history.
- Students will have the option to live on-campus at the host university. This allows students to interact with local students and to have easy access to the facilities of the university.
- The cost of studying a semester exchange in Germany may be offset by the Endeavour Mobility grant of $5000 as well as other Financial Assistance Opportunities such as an OS-HELP loan of $6913 (terms and conditions apply).
- Two School of Business students will also receive payment for their airfare tickets by one of our partner universities to participate in a research-based project learning experience.
Am I eligible for the Endeavour Mobility Grant?
- This project includes four (4) Endeavour Mobility Grants of $5000 each to assist students with the international project-based learning experience while attending a semester exchange in Germany.
- To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen
- enrolled in an undergraduate degree at Western Sydney University
- must not have received an Endeavour Mobility grant on a previous occasion
- receive academic recognition for the experience
- You may be eligible for OS-HELP, an Australian Government loan used to help Australian students undertake part of their course overseas. Visit the OS-HELP page for additional information and check the eligibility criteria.
Conditions of Participation
- Western Sydney University is committed to demonstrating high standards of personal and professional conduct at all times. When participating in an overseas program, students must assume certain obligations to Western Sydney University (WS), the prospective country, overseas provider, and other participants in a program. See Conditions of Participation in an Overseas Program.
- The university reserves the right to vary program fees in the event of changes in exchange rates or price rises made by partners or other suppliers. If the cost of any service increases due to exchange rate fluctuations, price increases, tax changes or any other reason, participants are required to pay the increase when notified or may cancel a program which may result in cancellation fees.
How to Apply - New deadline by Monday 1 June 2020
STEP 1: Register Your Interest
- Submit your expression of interest (and CV - currently under review) to Western Sydney University by Monday 1 June 2020 and answer the following questions:
- What is your motivation for participating in the program? (up to 50 words)
- What do you hope to achieve from participating in the semester exchange in Germany? (up to 50 words)
- How do you see the semester exchange project-based learning opportunity contributing to your career? (up to 50 words)
STEP 2: Apply for Go Global Exchange
- Establish eligibility for semester exchange studies.
- Identify three exchange institutions in Germany and rank them in order of preference.
- Submit the Western Sydney University Go Global Exchange Program application by the required deadline:
- Application for Exchange commencing Spring Session (currently under review)
- Western Sydney University will assess your application based on academic merit and suitability. This may take a few weeks to complete. You will be notified of the outcome and, if your application is successful, you will receive an official nomination letter for the exchange partner university to which you are being nominated via your Western Sydney University email account.
For more details about the project, please contact:
Dr Dorothea Bowyer firstname.lastname@example.org
Endeavour Leadership Program Government Reference 28573