- Refugee Appeal
- Give Now
- Why Give
- Giving Opportunities
- - Robert Hayes Memorial Fund
- - Associate Professor Cecily Hengstberger-Sims Memorial Appeal
- - Paul Monteverdi Memorial Fund
- - Dani Gilroy Memorial Fund
- - Beth Southwell Memorial Fund
- - Emeritus Professor Jim McKnight Memorial Fund
- - Professor Rao Memorial Fund
- - Professor Kai Yip Cho Memorial Fund
- - Sarah Hilton Memorial Fund
- - Dr Nick Collins Memorial Fund
- - Dr Rick Hope Memorial Prize Appeal
- Alumni Giving
- Staff Giving Appeal
- Graduation Giving
- Your Gift Managed
- Giving to Western Sydney University - Contact Information
Sarah Hilton Memorial Fund
The Sarah Hilton Memorial Prize is awarded to the most outstanding graduating English/literature student in Primary Teaching.
Sarah, 20, was a passenger in a friend's car when a tyre blew out causing the car to hit a guardrail and roll on to its roof.
Sarah was held in high esteem and was immensely popular. Her funeral was so crowded that many mourners could not fit inside the church.
As a lover of literature, in particular children's literature, Sarah had been working on her final assignment – an illustrated children's book – on the day of the accident. A friend later finished the assignment and Sarah was awarded her degree posthumously in 1993.
Sarah's friends and family raised $3,200, to establish an annual award in her honour. The recipient of the prize is selected by academic teaching staff.
Sarah was the only child of Mr Norman and Mrs May Hilton. Mr Hilton passed away in 1999. Mrs Hilton maintains a keen interest in the University and the Prize.
Learn more about Commemorative Gifts.