Going to University

Post secondary (tertiary) education means any study from Vocational Education and Training (VET) to university.

Vocational Education and Training (VET)

Vocational Education and Training (VET) offers qualifications from a Certificate I to a Graduate Diploma while universities offer Higher Education degrees.

You can study VET courses in a Registered Training Organisation or at your local TAFE. To find out about VET courses and Registered Training Organisations, visit:

Differences between High School and Tertiary Education

There are many differences between school and VET.

What's the difference between school and VET fact sheet (opens in a new window) compares a number of aspects of school, VET and university life. Areas covered are: Learning Environment, Enrolment, Classroom, Managing Your Study, Study Expectations and Support.

University/Higher Education

Find out more information about studying at university (opens in a new window)

Find out more about Universities and Higher Education (opens in a new window)