Ready when you are.
Your dreams. Your ambitions. Your future. It all starts now.
Why wait until 2019 to start your degree? Start mid-year and get ahead sooner. Whether you’re a recent TAFE or school-leaver, or have been working for a few years, you can unlock your unlimited potential at Western.
Applications are now open!
Make sure your check the list of courses available. Not all courses are available for mid-year entry – if you cannot find your preferred course on the list, it is not available for mid-year entry.
This list is up-to-date as of 21 March 2018.
Keep exploring more courses
How to apply
All applicants for mid-year entry can be assessed on four criteria:
- ATAR or equivalent
- TAFE or Tertiary Studies
- Work Experience
- Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT)
You do not need to fulfil all of these criteria to apply for mid-year entry. Each criterion you provide will be given a rank out of 100, and the highest rank will be used in the assessment of your application.
Before you apply for mid-year entry, complete the below checklist to ensure you have supplied all the necessary information to have your application assessed.
- Identify the mid-year course/s you wish to apply for, in order of preference.
- Gather all necessary supporting documentation such as academic transcripts and Statement of Service (PDF, 52.92 KB) and ensure they are correctly certified.
Apply online either:
- Direct to Western Sydney through our Application Portal. No application fee applies.
- If you already have a 2017 Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) application you can 'Check and Change' your preference via UAC.
- Check your email for the outcome of your application.
If you have completed previous tertiary qualifications at a similar level you may be eligible for Advanced Standing (recognition of prior learning).
Western Sydney University also has agreements in place with TAFE and private colleges to ensure guaranteed advanced standing for agreed pathways. To view the agreements in place and confirm eligibility for advanced standing, visit Tertiary Education Pathways.
If you have tertiary qualifications and/or extensive work experience, you may be eligible to apply for Postgraduate study. View the postgraduate courses available and review admission requirements to confirm your eligibility.