Session commencement dates
Applicants from all regions must have their application in by 31 October.
Applicants from all regions must have their application in by 30 April.
Step 1: Application
Exchange and Study Abroad students are required to complete and submit the following documents.
- Western Sydney University International Application System NEEDS LINK TO https://student-westernsydney.studylink.com/
- Copy of your passport (if available)
- Certified copy of academic transcript
- Recognised English test (if required)
- If you are applying under the exchange program, you must have been already nominated by your home university. Evidence of nomination in the form of a letter is not usually required.
When the above documents are received the application can be processed.
Recognised English Tests
If English is not your first language and you have not been studying in English at the tertiary level, you will need to include a recognised English test with your application.
The Recognised English Tests/certification and required scores
IELTS: Overall score of 6.5, with a minimum score of 6.0 in all bands
TOEFL: Total score 82, Writing 21, Speaking 18, Reading 13, Listening 13
Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English: 58
Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR): A statement on partner letterhead and signed by a staff member of authority of the partner's English language centre that the applicant has been evaluated to have a CEFR level of B2 or above.
European senior secondary school qualifications:
- Denmark Studentereksamen: Minimum score of 7 in English A or 9 in English B
- Finland Upper Secondary School Certificate: Minimum score of 8 in English A or English (Advanced)
- Germany Abitur: Minimum score of 3 (7-9)/Satisfactory in Advanced Level English
- Germany DAAD: Minimum score of B in all 4 categories of the DAAD certificate (old) or B2 in each category of the DAAD certificate (new)
- Netherlands Voorbereidend Wetenschappelijk Onderwijs (VWO): Minimum score of 7 in final year English
- Norway Vitnemal: Minimum score of 4 in English
- Sweden Slutbetyg: Minimum score of 4/VG in English A or B (old system) or Minimum score of C in English 5 or 6 (new system)
Step 2: Receive your offer
Subject to your application being successful, we will send an Offer Letter along with an Offer Pack.
An Offer Letter for:
- Exchange students will be forwarded to you, and copied to your home university
- Study Abroad students will be sent directly to you or via your agent (if you have one)
Step 3: Accept your offer
To accept the Offer you will need to upload/complete the following via your online application:
- Signed Acceptance Form (which is part of your Offer Letter)
- Payment (if applicable - and to be made electronically)
- Proof you have obtained correct Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), if you have elected to purchase this yourself and not via Western Sydney University.
Step 4: Receive your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE)
Once you have correctly accepted your Offer, we will issue your eCoE. This is the required document to apply for your Australian student visa (subclass 500).
Please note, you cannot apply for your Australian student visa until you have your eCoE.
Step 5: Prepare for your Arrival at Western Sydney University
Once you have accepted your Offer and received your eCoE, you can start making preparations to study at Western Sydney University, including applying for your Australian student visa (subclass 500).
For details, please see prepare to arrive.