TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Academy Global Leaders Program (AGLP) is designed to support and develop new students who demonstrate academic excellence in their senior high school studies and who have also shown leadership qualities within their school or community.
- Applications for The Academy Global Leaders Program will open on 15 August 2018, and will close at 11:59pm on 30 September 2018.
- An unconditional guaranteed Western Sydney University course offer will be made to successful applicants by 17 October 2018.
Due to additional selection criteria, guaranteed early offers cannot be made to the following courses:
Doctor of Medicine, B Physiotherapy, B Midwifery, B Health Science (Paramedicine), B Education (Primary) - ATSIE, B Community and Social Development, B Laws and the B Arts (Pathway to Teaching Birth – 5/Birth – 12) Diploma Pathway.
Please note the B Music (Dean's Scholars) and B Music are subject to an additional selection criteria of audition.
Courses excluded from guaranteed offers are subject to change.
Current school leavers who will sit the 2018 Higher School Certificate, International Baccalaureate or TAFE equivalent and who have demonstrated academic achievement along with school or community based leadership and involvement are eligible for consideration.
Each successful applicant will receive the following:
- An unconditional guaranteed Western Sydney University course offer prior to the start of the 2018 Higher School Certificate examinations.
- Membership of The Academy with access to a selection of extension, development and academic activities.
- A Smart Start Scholarship valued at $2000.
- A University-sponsored overseas academic or leadership experience.
- Invitation to an Academy Global Leaders Program Special Enrolment Event and Creative Thinking Workshop.
Please see the 'Further Information' section below for details relating to the points listed above.
The Academy Global Leaders Program membership and Academy membership remain valid while program members remain enrolled in their academic program and maintain the required GPA of 5.5 after their first semester of study. Members must adhere to all rules of their particular degree.
GPA must be maintained for membership in The Academy.
The Smart Start Scholarship is available as a one-off payment.
- Applications must be made via the program-specific online form.
- All sections of the application form must be completed. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applicants must also apply through UAC for their preferred Western Sydney University degree as their first preference by 28 September 2018.
- Applicants are able and encouraged to supply appropriate supporting documentation.
- Applications will only be open from 15 August 2018 until 30 September 2018.
- No late applications will be accepted.
A panel of Academy staff will review and assess the applications considering the following elements:
- The applicant's leadership qualities and level of leadership demonstrated in both the school environment and the broader community.
- The applicant's community involvement and demonstrated participation and contribution to school and community-based volunteer activities.
- The applicant's evidenced academic performance at secondary level will be taken into consideration. Students will be selected based on their likelihood of meeting an ATAR of 85 or greater.
- The decisions of the selection panel are final. No further correspondence will be entered into.
- Unsuccessful AGLP applicants may still receive an offer to their preferred degree course and Academy membership, if they have maintained a Western Sydney University's degree course within their UAC preferences.
Notification of Outcome:
Applicants will be notified directly of outcomes by 17 October 2018.
If you require further information please contact The Academy on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Guaranteed Unconditional Western Sydney University Course Offer: The guaranteed course offer will be made direct to the student and is not conditional upon ATAR.
- Membership of The Academy: The Academy provides a very wide range of academic, development and engagement experiences and many valuable and useful resources to help you develop your knowledge, creativity and critical thinking. More information is available at The Academy.
- Deferment: Students must accept and enrol in a Western Sydney University course the year following their HSC to remain eligible for the Academy Global Leaders Program. They may defer their offer for up to one year via the University's Deferment process.
- Smart Start Scholarship: This scholarship will be awarded under the scholarship rules. The recipient will receive a once-off $2,000 payment within four weeks after the Autumn Census date (31 March 2019) if enrolled full-time (30-40 credit points). The recipient will receive 50% of the annual scholarship value in Autumn and Spring sessions if enrolled part-time (20 credit points).
- University-sponsored overseas academic or leadership experience: Members will be able to join one of several academic exchange programs, leadership exchanges, study tours, community based aid or social justice based programs. Many of these programs are unique to The Academy. This experience will not be available in the first semester of the first year of enrolment. This opportunity is dependent on maintaining your membership in The Academy and remaining enrolling in your academic program.
- Academy Global Leaders Program Special Enrolment Event: The Academy will hold a special event for new AGLP members in December 2018 where new students can complete their enrolment, learn more about the program, and get to meet their new peers.