Over the next few months, the University is hosting opportunities for you to connect and socialise with your peers through the Summer Series. This includes a mix of online events and, where appropriate, some small & large in-person activities – to be held in line with the University’s COVID-Safe Plan, taking on board Government restrictions and advice. Be sure to log into WESTERNLife our online virtual community regularly to find out about the activities coming up, including Live Bingo, trivia, outings such as bushwalks, and to register your attendance, as places are limited.
Information about COVID safe practices
As a condition of entry to each (face to face) event, you must abide by these COVID Safe statements:
- You are not experiencing any flu-like symptoms, such as fever, coughing, sore throat, fatigue or shortness of breath.
- Within the last 14 days, you have not been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- You have not been to a location at a time and date which requires you to self-isolate and get tested immediately.
- You have not been directed by NSW Health, your GP or other medical practitioner to self-isolate.
Remember these important COVID Safe practices when attending events:
- Be mindful of others when walking around and staying at a safe distance from others, especially when having conversations with friends, ensure you are staying 1.5m apart.
- Make sure to cover any coughs or sneezes.
- Use hand sanitiser when possible, especially after touching surfaces or before eating or touching your face.
- Wear a mask when you feel like you cannot social distance.
Hand sanitiser & face masks are available at all events throughout the Summer Series, please ask staff when you arrive. You will also notice COVID Safe marshalls at each event keeping you safe but we need you to do your part as well.
Please report illness direct to the Coronavirus Hotline on email@example.com
Phone: 02 9852 5399, Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm AEST.
If you are attending any trips or events that require a paid ticket, you will need to register via the event page on WesternLife and then you will be directed to a Onestop page to secure your spot. If you are having trouble finding the payment page, you can also head to Onestop, click on “Western Sydney University Payments” > “Campus Life” and search through the event listing to find the one relevant for you!